In the throes of completion SQUAREMAX L5P

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
got it, thanks! hope to install the bed soon. Hitch is going on Wednesday. Needs weight for sure, it breaks loose at 50+ MPH and gets very squirrely on part throttle
Forgive me, I think you mentioned it earlier but I didn’t jump in soon enough.
I plan on doing a d max swap some day on a 94 dually. It’s already a diesel and I do all my work myself.
What version of the d max would you say is the easiest/ best option for swaps?

Rick Shootist

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.6 D-Max
Easiest would be an LB7, they also have great support in the aftermarket. I honestly do not recommend doing the L5P. If I were doing it again I would do an LML with a CP3 conversion.

Rick Shootist

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.6 D-Max
Hitch won't work on the truck. arrrggh. The M1008 has some additional bracing that would have to be cut. Back to the drawing board. If Etrailer won't take it back it will be for sale.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Hitch won't work on the truck. arrrggh. The M1008 has some additional bracing that would have to be cut. Back to the drawing board. If Etrailer won't take it back it will be for sale.
Maybe that explains why the PO welded up a custom hitch for my truck. The welds aren’t pretty and I can’t tell how good the penetration was, so I’d planned on redoing something a bit nicer.

Doesn’t look too difficult. There are plenty of factory holes in the frame to choose from…

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
got it, thanks! hope to install the bed soon. Hitch is going on Wednesday. Needs weight for sure, it breaks loose at 50+ MPH and gets very squirrely on part throttle
That’s a great problem to have!
And phenomenal truck!!

Rick Shootist

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.6 D-Max

I'm going to go with one of these. 5K is enough for my boat, and given all the tie-ins between the frame, airlift points, etc I'll bet it will actually pull a lot more.

Rick Shootist

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.6 D-Max
Ended up with a custom hitch. Paint is done - 2012 Camaro SS Imperial Blue Metallic. In reassembly, most will be done in next three days. Can't recommend LMC parts unfortunately. Terrible quality in everything I have bought. It's all from Taiwan or China.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey