Ignition switch trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
Hello all I'm new to the site and have been restoring a 87 gmc stepside now for 7 years. However about 4 years ago now I had a bad house fire and lost everthing I had along with the house I grew up in. This brings me to my question for you all my keys were in my kitchen when the house burned down and I was never able to find them. I want to replace then ignition tumbler and from what I've been told you need the key to remove it. If anyone can tell me how I can go about doing this without the key it would be greatly appreciated as I have resumed working on my truck now that I have a garage again. Thank you in advance everybody.

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
Ok thanks that helps a lot I was starting to worry. I just want to finish this truck and after seeing my fresh paint covered in dust last weekend it lite the fire again. I'm hoping to finish by the spring and finally enjoy it, it's been a longggg time coming haha

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
I would if I could but I can't upload pictures from my phone I could email someone pictures if they would be interested in uploading them for me though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising