Ignition cylinder retainer screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hetooknails4me

Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
First time post here, but i have lurked on this site for a pretty good while. I have learned a tremendous amount of information from this site while owning a Squarebody. I am in the process of replacing all the goodies on the steering column and the previous owner took the retainer screw out that holds the ignition cylinder in because the key is stuck inside. Apparently, the screw never got replaced and when i take the keys out, the entire cylinder comes with it. I have searched high and low for the screw and I can't seem to locate one. I am hoping that someone on here can point me in the right direction. Thanks everyone.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I found this.

http://www.steeringcolumnservices.com/gm-buick-cadillac-chevrolet-oldsmobile-pontiac/screw12-lock-cylinder-retaining-screw.php

hetooknails4me

Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Awesome! I have typed everything that i knew to type in google and never saw this page. Thanks for your help.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I Googled "lock cylinder retaining screw," and it was the first one if you need that info. Hope it works out, and you're welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knep115