I need help! the steer shaft is gone... I think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sounds like he might have had to open up the clamp and possibly use a longer bolt to get it to work. :shrug: He said it's a bigger diameter.

Oh he did open the clamp at least 1/4" and still didn't slide in, his concern was damaging the spindles of the gearbox pin thing... and since what happen was the gearbox come off loose, all he did was tightened the bolts. Also on the upper end of the shaft, that little bearing was gone, so we remove it from the column we got at the wrench apart and replace that as well...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ohhh so that shaft didn't get changed at all. But with those 2 fixes, should drive like a different truck now.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ohhh so that shaft didn't get changed at all. But with those 2 fixes, should drive like a different truck now.

Jay drove around the block and he said it felt really good... I trust his judgement.
I haven't been able to drive it, I had a full Sunday of family things to do, but hopefully I get it on the open road sometime this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69