I need help! the steer shaft is gone... I think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
He sold it and is driving his audi A6, and ocasionally his 72 Charger.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Thinking about a junkyard trip tomorrow afternoon after cars & coffee at the Oasis.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OHHH SUNUVA !!!! How the hell did I miss this thread. I coulda hadda a ton fun of with this one.

BUT, as soon as I seen the pic, I said, uh oh, I'd be checking for cracked out frame, broken steer box ears or loose bolts. Look at the friggin angle !!! And so I read on, then see about the threesome etc. I just about thought Ray was making excuses not to go. Prolly cuz he was afraid Retro was gonna ****** him. LMAO Then Foamy is going to make it a threesome, and C4 throws in a hardened shaft into the mix and 89S wants to come too. OMG !!! :eek:

So anyway, is it fixed yet??? I hate missing threads.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
OHHH SUNUVA !!!! How the hell did I miss this thread. I coulda hadda a ton fun of with this one.

BUT, as soon as I seen the pic, I said, uh oh, I'd be checking for cracked out frame, broken steer box ears or loose bolts. Look at the friggin angle !!! And so I read on, then see about the threesome etc. I just about thought Ray was making excuses not to go. Prolly cuz he was afraid Retro was gonna ****** him. LMAO Then Foamy is going to make it a threesome, and C4 throws in a hardened shaft into the mix and 89S wants to come too. OMG !!! :eek:

So anyway, is it fixed yet??? I hate missing threads.

Not fix yet, the rain hasn't let me get out there, and the couple sunny days we have, I was out working... hopefully Jay and I can tackle this over the weekend.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Not fix yet, the rain hasn't let me get out there, and the couple sunny days we have, I was out working... hopefully Jay and I can tackle this over the weekend.

I'm free. :)

Next cars and Coffee meet I would like to come!

Feb. 10th at the Oasis off 620 near 2222.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm free. :)

Do you want me to come get you around 9am again? If we have time we can take a trip to the Wrench a part for a treasure hunt too.

Feb. 10th at the Oasis off 620 near 2222.

What time?

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Is this the time for the coffee and cars?

What about Saturday to put the column on my C30? should I come get you?

Saturday is good, any time is good too. I Either way is good for me. I hate driving any more but I have the tools.

I'd like to hit up the Belton yard some time. Maybe LKQ on Congress at some time.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Saturday is good, any time is good too. I Either way is good for me. I hate driving any more but I have the tools.

I'd like to hit up the Belton yard some time. Maybe LKQ on Congress at some time.

I'll come get you around 12:30 on saturday, and if we finish up early we can head out to the LKQ in Austin.

I edit the time because my dear wife remind me I have a class to assist from 9-12 that day!

Last edited:

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I really don't know what or how to explain what Jay did, but he fix my square.
I know he work twice as much because the spindle on the gear box was a little larger than the one for the jeep upgrade part it was going to go in...

He should be able to explain more in detail what exactly happen, I was just watching him and trying to help him any way I could.

He did put hope on my square after he drove around the block, he said it sound pretty good and it felt really good.

Thanks a lot Jay, I really apreiated your time and your knowledge.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sounds like he might have had to open up the clamp and possibly use a longer bolt to get it to work. :shrug: He said it's a bigger diameter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade