I just bought a 1982 K10!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jduncan1969

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi I just bought a 82 K10.I am looking for parts they seem pretty hard to find.I thought there would be million of places to get parts!Are there places to get dealership parts?I am looking for Spindle for front driver side.Any help would be appreciated!I love this old beast but man is it a pain to find parts for!I got a rebuilt motor ready to slide in!Its really a rust bucket but i didnt buy it for looks.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome! RockAuto is a great resource for parts.

jduncan1969

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the welcome!Do they have the 4x4 spindles?

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Not sure, you'd have to check the site. Very easy to navigate

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi I just bought a 82 K10.I am looking for parts they seem pretty hard to find.I thought there would be million of places to get parts!Are there places to get dealership parts?I am looking for Spindle for front driver side.Any help would be appreciated!I love this old beast but man is it a pain to find parts for!I got a rebuilt motor ready to slide in!Its really a rust bucket but i didnt buy it for looks.

Spindles is going to be $$$$$ and you will need to find a specialty shop for those. I was looking around for one myself but they aren't easy to find.

Parts are fairly easy to find as everything between 73-87 is compatible for the most part and in your 82 you should have a 10 bolt corp front end making things generally easier than the older dana44

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: from N.E.
You must be registered for see images attach

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Welcome!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Welcome to GMSB. Let's see some pics. It don't have to be pretty. We've got'em here from rust buckets to Street Princesses. Most here buy them ugly, and make them better. Go ahead and fire up an Under Construction thread. Post your current as you bought it pics, and watch it evolve. It'll be cool to look back a year from now and see what you've done with it.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Thanks for the welcome!Do they have the 4x4 spindles?

Yes they do and they are pretty reasonably priced as well. I was quoted a price of nearly $500 per spindle from the parts store but RockAuto has them for $160 I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1