Hydro boost leaks back into the cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
They didn't even last long in the Flint/Burtucky area. I think AZ, Advance, and O'Reillys put them out. They've probably been gone 15 years from my aeea give or take.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
There is still 2 around here just look for the lowered Corollas and people changing their oil in the parking lot. Lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
There is still 2 around here just look for the lowered Corollas and people changing their oil in the parking lot. Lol

Lmao, sounds about right.

MOguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I'd hate to suggest RockAuto.com since you could get the wrong one from them too. Not likely but it could happen. Sadly, Napa IMO has declined a little bit. Likely due to the Discount chains shoving them out of competition with cut throat prices for ****. Napa used to be nothing but quality but there prices were higher naturally and people must not care about quality over price these days. Not to mention, Discount chains have lifetime warranty and you'd pay for Napa and get a 1 yr warranty. You might swap that Discount chain part 10x vs not have to replace the Napa part for years but that's not what people want these days. Then there was CarQuest who was also like Napa, good quality but higher price. Now Advance Auto has bought out CarQuest because they didn't fare well with the Discount Chains either, so for the time being you can get good quality parts from Advance Auto until they sell out of the Car Quest Inventory then I expect it will be back to **** parts just like AZ and O'ry's.

It's just sad today that you can't get good quality auto parts without going to the dealership and buying brand new. I know a guy who will buy nothing but factory AC Delco Starters, Alternator and Water Pumps direct from a GM stealership due to the fact, he wants to replace it one time and be done so he don't care what the cost is. Bad part is, many of these parts for our trucks and not stocked by stealerships who save their shelf space for the current model parts that they need in stock for warranty work. So you have it located at another stealership in the country as New Old Stock and have to pay shipping too to get it the your local stealership. **** just isn't right. One of use need to start a good quality reman shop for Master Cylinders, Calipers, Starters, Alternators and water pumps. Last water pump I bought wasn't even a Reman, it was a brand new one from RockAuto.com and quality was certainly there. I could tell it in the casting, the bearing and the gaskets it came with. It was all good and fit like a glove. I'm wanting to say it was also an AC Delco brand.

I agree.

I have a lifted jeep with big tires and I go through tie rod ends more often them most. I can buy MOOG or cheap crap from autozone and both can fail after a few years. AutoZone is cheaper and has a lifetime warranty. TRE are quick and easy to change, no big deal to change them out here and there. The master cylinder will take more time, I would like a more permeant fix but like you said above, most people are selling crap so might as well go with the cheaper price and life time warranty.

Out my way it seems we the best luck find older parts sitting on old trucks out in fields at some old timers farm. ( that is where I found my truck)

Last edited:

MOguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Auto Zone got me the right one! I probably won't have time to deal wit it until Saturday.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Auto Zone got me the right one! I probably won't have time to deal wit it until Saturday.
Cool I'd ask the part number as I'm gonna be in the market for one but I see yours is the cast iron and mine is aluminum. I guess I skin that cat when I get there.

MOguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Cool I'd ask the part number as I'm gonna be in the market for one but I see yours is the cast iron and mine is aluminum. I guess I skin that cat when I get there.

Duralast part #NM1584 New Brake Master Cylinder. I looks exactly like the old one but cleaner and newer.

I installed it last night. I only but a few miles on it but so far so good.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Duralast part #NM1584 New Brake Master Cylinder. I looks exactly like the old one but cleaner and newer.

I installed it last night. I only but a few miles on it but so far so good.
Cool:waytogo:

MOguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
about 8 months later still no leaks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Great News. So it's pretty safe to say by now, this problem is put to bed. :waytogo:

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Not sure but do you have a trailer brake controller that might be leaking in the cab?

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
wow I haven't seen those type of controllers in at least 20 years. highdesertranger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84