Howdy! New Member from OKC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboybob

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looks like somewhere on the Wet side of the cascades based on the pics. Whereabouts?
Hope the paint is as good as it looks? Anyone who takes pics like that has a fat wallet or is real good with a polisher and spent plenty of time wet sanding. Always hard to tell but that could be show quality the way it looks.
Yup just finished the last of the body work and all the filler priming is done and sanded. Saw your pics and went out and finished the windshield patches and sanded the cab, yesterday….lol. And called the upholstery guy to get the seat in.
Is that a 6” lift?
I believe it is a 6” lift. All springs…no blocks. I’ll probably change the lift to a 3” or 4” though because from the pictures it looks like too much lift for the tire size IMHO. I’ll wait until I get the truck before I decide though…you know, the old cart before the horse parable…

Last edited:

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
welcome aboard :boti:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Welcome!

cowboybob

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks guys.

@Craig 85 I read your entire build thread in 1 sitting! I love your truck and if you ever want to sell it just let me know…

cowboybob

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I received my truck a few weeks ago and unfortunately it was one hell of a buzzkill. Long story somewhat short, the truck driver had 3 other vehicles to deliver along with mine. Apparently one of the drop offs was located amongst the forest because he drove through an untold number of trees and scratched the hell out of the truck. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. At least the driver didn’t try to deny it and he said he would make it right. I took it to a buddy that does remarkable paint correction and detail work (thanks Chris!) and he had everything polished back out within a few hours.

cowboybob

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looks like somewhere on the Wet side of the cascades based on the pics. Whereabouts?
Hope the paint is as good as it looks? Anyone who takes pics like that has a fat wallet or is real good with a polisher and spent plenty of time wet sanding. Always hard to tell but that could be show quality the way it looks.
Yup just finished the last of the body work and all the filler priming is done and sanded. Saw your pics and went out and finished the windshield patches and sanded the cab, yesterday….lol. And called the upholstery guy to get the seat in.
Is that a 6” lift?
I checked the springs and the lift is 4”.

The lift only has about 150 miles on it but I think I’m going to swap it out for a 2” kit.

86 SCOTTSDALE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Armand
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome from Mass, WOW what a nice find. Another scottsdale , enjoy.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome from TX. Good looking truck. My first car was an 86 k20.
I run a 3" tough country lift, with springs all the way around on my k5. Rides great.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Welcome, very nice! Keeping sharing Pic's