How much is the drive line and frame 3/4ton worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
That frame is trashed. Probably not worth the time. But I don't know for sure I guess it depends on a person's desire for it.

You figured bit out but just by sight I could tell that was a 465 trans. The bell housing is gone.

Yes the shock thing is a steering damper. It reduces bump steer going over bumps or holes in the road.

As for value. I wouldn't think you could get much more than a few hundred for what you have there as a pile. If you found the right person you would get more. But the sum value of the parts would be more than it whole to someone. But that's my opinion.
thank you for the input, it does mean something to me. Since it is detached.. ive gotten offers for the rear differential already haha.

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
I would assume with new spring and differential mounts, bolts, etc that issue would be fixed. The frame... could a guy bend it back and weld reinforcement plates.... but of course... bending it perfectly straight might be difficult.

Also does anyone know what the shock on steering components does. Make less jerks?

You must be registered for see images attach

i would cut the rear cross member out and put in another one in. looks like only the rear cross member is bent. i bet if you cut the cross member it will spring back

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
"S
i would cut the rear cross member out and put in another one in. looks like only the rear cross member is bent. i bet if you cut the cross member it will spring back
I dont think that would happen, because it is kinked further up the rail, which would need to be reinforced upon being straightened. But generally speaking, I dont think you would want two large beams of steel "spring" in any direction haha. The chain idea would be good for a safety measure to ensure you dont... er... die. If that would happen, that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg