How do I get dogfood out of my heater box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Blazer80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer 4x4
Engine Size
While I was taking out my gauges and taking off the cracked up dash pad I noticed there is dogfood in my heater box. I shook the air vent tube and some came out of there but I can see some in the box itself near the fins.

I can only guess that the last owner put dogfood on the dash and it spilled into the defroster vents?

I'd like to get it out so it doesnt start growing mold or something.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
A mouse could get it out of there.:anitoof::bowroflwerd6:

OKOKOK,I have one of them larger airhose blow guns with the removable rubber tips.I have made up a piece of steel brake/fuel line and adapted it so it will screw into that blow gun.If it were Me I would blow into the defrost ducts and try to get it all moving towards the floor,trying the defrost then the mid dash heat/air outlets and ocassionally running the blower to see if it will move down and out.Then,after I think it is all out of there turn on the defrosts and blow into the lowest heater outlets and see if any more comes out,if so,repeat the aformentioned exercises until no more dogfood mooves around.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Remove blower fan, insert pocket dog, wait for pocket dog to come back out.

19Blazer80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer 4x4
Engine Size
I hope to have some time tomarrow to try to get it out with either the shop vac or blow it out with the shop vac. I dont have an air compressor but I do have air in a can that i could try if I have to lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68