How about a NEW squarebody?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I have been slowly looking for a 2005-2007 Power Wagon. I think it is the best off road and work capable truck made in the last 10 years. I'm thinking it would even be worth selling my tow vehicle (2003 Silverado HD) and maybe my square to get one.

It can tow.
It can be found with a manual trans.
It has front and rear lockers.
It has a factory winch.
It has factory sway bar disconnects.

It is a mix of both of my trucks basically.
Sorry to dig this back up but....my friend just got a 16 leftover 2500 power wagon. Way more then a sticker kit. It's actually a bad ass truck too bad the fender well won't last. Not sure who had the he bright idea to spray foam in the cavity between the outer and inner skin of the bed. He traded his 11 Laramie with 20k on it and walked out owing 20k for the PW. Sticker was I believe 64k but it was a left over.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Sorry to dig this back up but.....

Thanks for bringing it back up. Excellent thread.

A couple thoughts, after having gone through it again:

a) I had two uncles that came from the south back in the 1950s to work "in the shop". They both ended up driving those car haulers; in fact - one of the uncles was the guy that loaned Mr Boutell the money to start his trucking business.

Ever hear the urban legend about a driver that took the top off a Buick showcar because they repaved the road and he hit the overpass? That would be my Uncle Joe. He probably would've lost his job had he not been the guy that loaned the money to Mr Boutell.

b) The bumper install job: I did that job for one day, on Flint #2 assembly line, back in 1979 as part of my co-operative work experience. I would have been 18 years old at the time. In spite of what you might have heard, salaried employees could work on the assembly line; it's just that the displaced union worker had to stand right next to you, doing nothing, and earning full pay. The topside guy grabs the bumper off an overhead conveyer and pitches it across the pit to his waiting partner. Together you slip it over the front frame horns and insert the bumper bolts. That job also installed the front V76 tow hooks, which I promptly dropped on my hourly host's foot.

Flint Line 2 final line rate was 36 jobs per hour; Line 1 (pickup) was 60 jobs per hour, or one complete vehicle every minute.

All in all I saw about 900,000 new trucks go by my station as an assembly line foreman, over a 6 year period. The back yard looked like the second photo (below). I think you can see why it was possible to "lose" trucks back there, only for them to turn up at the end of the model year when the backlog of repair was worked down.

K
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
some cool old pictures!

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Ok everything new and a buddy to help I can believe it. But try nowadays to install that bumper. Gonna need more than 1 minute!

Now it's all robotics installing plastic bumpers...

Lil'm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
1979 1980
Truck Model
K10 shorts
Engine Size
I find a commercial like this a bit more convincing than the new Chevy Truck ads with "real people not actors"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I find a commercial like this a bit more convincing than the new Chevy Truck ads with "real people not actors"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Pretty cool ad, don't recall ever seeing it. Kind of timely since Delta and United airlines are retiring their 747's this year.

Really doesn't take a ton of power to tow a plane, just enough weight to get traction. Most large tugs weigh in over 30,000 pounds. The test is to stop that big bastard :)

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

Pretty much like the photos show, I guess. Iirc, they were shipped dry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack541