HotRodPC Tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
All it takes is funds Dawg.

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
That harbor freight box is a good box. I bought it but would suggest the larger bottom box rather than the smaller one. more space is more space.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Here is the 2 floor jacks. The blue one is that Aluminum 2 ton HF jack that I told everyone to avoid unless you are buying to work on a ricer. I love the jack, its just powerul enough for anything other than a small car. The ugly orange 3 ton one is about 22 years old and still works but leaks down about an inch an hour. Its a cheap import too. I also have a 10 ton bottle jack I use to work on the Box Van.

attachment.php

Somebody farkin stole my floor jack a couple weeks ago! I had left it covered up in front of my house because I knew I was to be using it within a day or two, and some a-hole-e-o took it!

Edit: My house sits 63 feet from the curb and gutter flowline, and the jack wasn't visible, so somebody either watched me cover it up after I changed the oil in my Forester, or I have someone snooping around my property while I'm at work. I know the foot traffic in the area has increased a whole lot since Obama came into office and the jobless have nothing better to do but dig through trash cans all day and night. I have considered getting an encroachment permit from the City and completely closing in my property and releasing the hounds to patrol front and back.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That just sucks.

I have to knock on wood and I hope I don't jinx myself, but I've left **** out before and it never walked off. Engine Hoist was in front of the garage for a week before I got help to get it to the backyard, it never left. I still have an engine stand behind the box van in the driveway, pushed under the truck so all that is really showing is the upright. I've even goine to bed and left both my garage doors wide open. Welders and air compressors sitting right there are the opening begging to be taken. I've been lucky as hell I know. It's gonna really to suck to move from this place.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
I have had pretty good luck at this place for the most part. Only had one bicycle disappear when I left for a day to visit my parents, and it was a free bike that had bent rims and I didn't like, but it was the point it was stolen that matters. I am conscious about making sure I don't display stuff I buy, and I cut up the boxes to put in the trash so the thieves don't see them. So I am certain it was somebody that was watching me work on the vehicles and saw where the jack was placed. Still angers me because I need to buy another jack.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
I have had pretty good luck at this place for the most part. Only had one bicycle disappear when I left for a day to visit my parents, and it was a free bike that had bent rims and I didn't like, but it was the point it was stolen that matters. I am conscious about making sure I don't display stuff I buy, and I cut up the boxes to put in the trash so the thieves don't see them. So I am certain it was somebody that was watching me work on the vehicles and saw where the jack was placed. Still angers me because I need to buy another jack.

your suppose to put the boxes in your neighbors trash, that way its there house that gets robbed and not yours.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Yeah, I try to keep my stuff hidden too, but the neighbors know I the ****. They're always asking if have this or that, and haven't said No yet. Again been lucky, I don't even lock my doors or my garage doors unless going on out of town. The other day, I open up my garage door from the front and my dogs were in the garage. WTF??? My bro didn't do it, and there was no way they can get in there. The next morning a neighbor was outside and told me dogs got out of the yard thru their yard and a hole between our fences. Noone answered the door so they opened my garage door and my dogs ran in. Poor fuggers were in the dark garage for about 6 hours. I thought they were int he backyard. :rofl: But, I trust my neighbors, even the fuggin bitch next door with that fuggin baby. He bro was the one that put my dogs in the garage.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
your suppose to put the boxes in your neighbors trash, that way its there house that gets robbed and not yours.

And big box high dollar item, I break down the box and it goes in the back of the truck and gets tossed in the dumpster at the tow yard. You're right, crooks for shopping for trash, especially around the holidays.

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
I too have the HF bottom box and for the money can't beat it. It's held up good for me and have had it for about 3 yrs no flat spots on tires from sitting only bad is it's not as deep or wide as snap on or matco etc but hell I got mine for $325 plus tax that's 10x less for a box similar. I been wanting to get a top but I use the top of mine as a bench top at work alot but I need more room lol.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I needs a middle Craftsman 4 drawer box for my tool chest. :(

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I recently bought a "Blue Monster" floor jack from Cornwell, I love it. It has wide front wheels and a wide frame at the base, so I can use it in the dirt and grass without it sinking into the ground. It's also low-profile so it fits under the cars real easy.

And stuff gets left outside here all the time and nobody takes it. Engine hoist, wheel barrow, extension ladder, jack stands, etc. Heck, most of my parts are stashed in the pole barn and it's completely open on one side.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sears just ran a TV ad too on TV, up to 50% off on tool storage tomorrow only. Saturday.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I've got an Arcan 3 ton floor jack. It's pretty low-profile for a 3-ton and works great. I love it.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
i got a HF 3 ton floor jack hasn't let me down yet haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics