Holly sniper EFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Russell

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
I'm thinking of pulling the carb off my stepside and install a holly sniper fuel injection system. I'm just curious about where I should mount the fuel pump? Because I have duel tanks and have a selector valve to deal with. I'd like to know what you guys have done.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
With dual tanks, the most simple is a sump system. Especially in Alberta, where engine bay temps shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Spend some time perusing the Sniper forum on Holleys website. I learned the hard way.

James Russell

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
I've been reading and they recommended installing the fuel pump close to the tank. If I do this id have to install it after the fuel tank selector valve. I have a feeling that's to far to pull fuel. And if I go with the expensive intank pumps, I'm not sure that the selector valve will handle that kinda pressure. I'm just curious about what guys are doing.

Marcoman

Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I've been reading and they recommended installing the fuel pump close to the tank. If I do this id have to install it after the fuel tank selector valve. I have a feeling that's to far to pull fuel. And if I go with the expensive intank pumps, I'm not sure that the selector valve will handle that kinda pressure. I'm just curious about what guys are doing.

So did you ever install that Sniper system or another EFI setup?

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
I have Walbro external pumps, one for the main and aux, wired to the selector switch. One mounted to the crossmember and the other inside the passenger side frame rail. Worked with the guys at EFI Pros.

Greasemonkey 85

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
I just finished up installing the Sniper in my 85 Silverado with a 454 BB and dual tanks.
Installed the pump and filters right after the selector valve and have had no problems with it so far. I did replace the transfer switch last year and I'm thinking they gave me the updated switch for a factory EFI which has better flow.
I thought it would be starving for fuel but I ran it through the gears on both tanks and it worked fine. Granted, I only have a few miles on it being that there is still snow up here and I'm not going to run it on the sloppy roads
I also used as much of the factory 3/8 steel gas line as I could.
Even used the 1/4 factory return line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamnTexan77