Holley 3310-2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Nice deal! Throw a kit at it and you are money ahead still. I'd get a quick change secondary spring kit though.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
What do you think

I think it's already too late to change your mind and you should stop lookin. :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Ill trade ya for them seats. I also think we got a good deal here AND I ALSO think the Blazer will get great mileage on the highway. :waytogo:

Last edited:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Damn, story of my life, Day Late or a Dollar Short!!! LOL :cheers:

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A "-2" is a fairly old version, probably from back in the early 70s. The 3310 is up to at least "-12" now. That doesn't mean the old one is bad, but a lot of internal brass parts could be corroded, and small air and fuel passages clogged. Unless you're a carb guru, I think you did well to not get it.

A good place to look for Holley carbs is at their eBay store. They have very good prices on refurbished carbs. I suspect most are returned to stores like Summit Racing, who send them back to Holley for inspection and testing. I bought an 80457A a few years ago that looked brand new. It even came will all the accessories, and it worked just fine. All I had to do was a adjust the float levels a little.

I'm curious here. What kind are carb are you replacing? And is it for your 468?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
My neighbor is driving to Georgia for Christmas and he rented a car.
?
Wtf why?

He says because hed earher putmiles on a rental that somebody else had to fix and now i'm thinkin thats a pretfy good idea because if the Blazer dumps someplace between here and there I better bring a paddle.

Budget is my renta car ppl. I should give them a call.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
A "-2" is a fairly old version, probably from back in the early 70s. The 3310 is up to at least "-12" now. That doesn't mean the old one is bad, but a lot of internal brass parts could be corroded, and small air and fuel passages clogged. Unless you're a carb guru, I think you did well to not get it.

A good place to look for Holley carbs is at their eBay store. They have very good prices on refurbished carbs. I suspect most are returned to stores like Summit Racing, who send them back to Holley for inspection and testing. I bought an 80457A a few years ago that looked brand new. It even came will all the accessories, and it worked just fine. All I had to do was a adjust the float levels a little.

I'm curious here. What kind are carb are you replacing? And is it for your 468?

No problem on rebuilding the -2, piece of cake if you take your time and do it right the first time. Which means making sure ALL passage ways are clear, not only on the metering block but the main body as well. Going to rebuild this one for which I already have a kit along with a fresh gallon of Chem-Dip, and replace the -2 currently on the 468. Then rebuild that one in anticipation of possibly a dual quad tunnel. Haven't figured it all out yet, still in the thinking stage, but eventually will. Now I will have a matched set of the -2's.:party52:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
My neighbor is driving to Georgia for Christmas and he rented a car.
?
Wtf why?

He says because hed earher putmiles on a rental that somebody else had to fix and now i'm thinkin thats a pretfy good idea because if the Blazer dumps someplace between here and there I better bring a paddle.

Budget is my renta car ppl. I should give them a call.

Make sure you get something big enough to load these seats in! LOL:party52:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Maybe I can get a ****** little 4 bang and save a bunch of money too. Im really diggin the idea.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Same basic setup I have on the 73 with a 454. Replaced the secondary plate with a block so it is like the 4160, vacuum secondary instead of double pumper.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Nice deal! Throw a kit at it and you are money ahead still. I'd get a quick change secondary spring kit though.

Holly has a jet kit, I have that too, Holly love hate, but very tunable, and extremely responsive! Much better then the Carter/Ebrock I had on there. No fuel return line, and no vapor lock like the AFB.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
I would show you the carb on the truck, but the dogs wanted to go for a ride, so we went out and torched the hides, when I hit second, blew the wimpy sprag/race on the TH350Trans out. making all the good upgrades, and etc. Will document and post on my build when done. Stop gap, as 4l80e hopefully when the weather gets better. Lots of fun building automatics, but pulling a 4X4 tranny is sure a PITA, and I have a lift and trans jack.
build thread: https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/1973-k20-350-to-454-swap.29840/ Keep that square on the road!!

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
No problem on rebuilding the -2, piece of cake if you take your time and do it right the first time.
Sorry man. I thought you missed out on the carb when you said you were a day late and a dollar short! Sounds like you have the skills to go through it, so have fun and I hope you get it working like new.

I bought its brother, an 750cfm 80508S, several years ago for $50. The guy had replaced it with an Edelbrock 600 because the Holley was giving him all kinds of problems. It was pretty nasty looking inside and out, but after a good soak and lots of high pressure air I got it working really well, and ended up making about $100 on it.:cool: Of course, being an "S" style it had turned gray. IMO, the traditional "C" coating looks better and lasts longer, and my aluminum 80257SA still looks almost new after 6 years.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I have a -3 that came off a buddys 396 Camaro long ago.
Max just had it out to compare to the Quadrajet that is on the truck currently.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This may be my next induction system with classic gold finish: