hobart 220 mig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
friend of a friend will sell this to me for $600. thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
can't see the gun and I'm not sure if it has a tweeco style gun on it or not.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
can't see the gun and I'm not sure if it has a tweeco style gun on it or not.
More then likely. An old transformer based machine. Nothing wrong with that mines an old Snap-on dinosaur. Kinda biggish for sheet metal, but if your careful and take your time it will work on bigger stuff it will shine for sure. 200 amp?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
More then likely. An old transformer based machine. Nothing wrong with that mines an old Snap-on dinosaur. Kinda biggish for sheet metal, but if your careful and take your time it will work on bigger stuff it will shine for sure. 200 amp?

yes 220. confirmed has a tweeco style gun and a bunch of replacement tips with it.

I was actually looking at a Lincoln pro mig 180 or the Hobart handler 210 mvp. they are 110 and 220. I think they might be more in the range of metals id be welding on mostly. my buddy is a badass welder and knows his ****, like it sounds like you do. he said it's definitely a decent deal. I'm just not sure if I'd want to forgo the 110 option the newer machines have. I have a long 220 extension cord for my buzz box, but its a pain in the ass

edit: you kind of made up my mind for me. I already have an arc welder for thick material. it's my tractor / trailer welder. probably less overlap between the two machines if I go with one of the smaller migs I was already looking at...

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Holy giant knob, Batman!

Last year we got 3 of the Hobart 210 MVPs to use at work. We use them at the home shop and out in the feild. I will say they are wonderful welders and work well on anything from sheet metal to 3/8 plate. They can even handle 1/2 plate pretty well too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb