Hi from Bs. As. - Argentina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

francoc-10

Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
230 ci = 3800 cc

francoc-10

Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
230 ci = 3800 cc
No doubt. I'd love to have a South American squarebody here in USA. If at all possible. I know emissions is one issue and I'd imagine the glass is OK by now. Back in the late 70's I had a cousin wanting to bring his BMW from Germany. The Germany glass didn't meet USA safety standards, so by the time he paid the shipping, replaced all the glass, updated the emissions to meet USA standards, he was ahead of the game to sell his BMW before he came home and buy another one here.

Hi Hotrod, talking about that, do you know some junkyards where i could buy an used engine, i´m looking for a LQ4 or LQ9 with a T56 transmission. I´ve looking some web pages that offers this engines and transmissions but it´s more difficult for me because i don´t know special places where sell what i want. So if you or some could help me bringing me some web´s i´m gonna thank you so much.

And another thing that i don´t know is wich rear end do you use for your trucks or to modify a truck that you want to handle 300 to 400 hp? Wich rear end do you recommend me?

Thank you

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hi Hotrod, talking about that, do you know some junkyards where i could buy an used engine, i´m looking for a LQ4 or LQ9 with a T56 transmission. I´ve looking some web pages that offers this engines and transmissions but it´s more difficult for me because i don´t know special places where sell what i want. So if you or some could help me bringing me some web´s i´m gonna thank you so much.

And another thing that i don´t know is wich rear end do you use for your trucks or to modify a truck that you want to handle 300 to 400 hp? Wich rear end do you recommend me?

Thank you

If you're keeping the truck light weight, I'd say a good Limited Slip Posi carrier in a 10 bolt or Dana 44 should hold up to 300 hp for sure, and probably 400 too if you're running an automatic transmission. What most guys do here in the USA for a high performance rear end, is get a Ford 9in modified to fit the truck.

As far the motor and trans combo you're looking for, hopefully someone else can steer you in the right direction. I'm not sure of any salvage yard that ships to South America.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Here's a couple of places you can try. Might be easier to use their contact us button and send them an email for what you are looking for instead of searching by year and make. Either way, maybe they will help get what you are looking for or recommend someone else.

http://www.bandrautoparts.com/

http://www.robertsonautosalvage.com/

francoc-10

Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
230 ci = 3800 cc
If you're keeping the truck light weight, I'd say a good Limited Slip Posi carrier in a 10 bolt or Dana 44 should hold up to 300 hp for sure, and probably 400 too if you're running an automatic transmission. What most guys do here in the USA for a high performance rear end, is get a Ford 9in modified to fit the truck.

As far the motor and trans combo you're looking for, hopefully someone else can steer you in the right direction. I'm not sure of any salvage yard that ships to South America.

Thank you HotRod for the information. The shipping is not a problem because i have a friend in USA who ships things to South America, so i have to search for what i want and send to him and then he ships all to South America.

When you say a limited slip posi in a 10 bolt, in wich vehicles this came?

I´m gonna wait for someone who can tell me some web pages to ask fo the engine, trans and the rear axle.

Thanks

francoc-10

Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
230 ci = 3800 cc

Mr Clean

Super Moderator