Hi all Staring my first frame up Looking for engine build ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supercharged

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Awsome sight here folks !!
Im building up a 85 GMC shortbox for a customer. I will post some pics when I find the time.
Were gonna stick with the 350 thats in it for now I think. Unless we just order a crate drop in.
Im looking to get a good solid 350 -400 horse outa it.
Is there a place on the forum that has engine buildup sights or does anyone know of a sight ?
Im taking this to our local engine builder to machine and assemble the block and I was just looking for some ideas on pistons and cams.
It has a new set of Edelbrock RPM heads with roller rockers,and we are gonna add MPF system to it .
Thanks in advance, Steve

tanz45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Drop an LSx in it, go carbd or keep fuel injection. Cheap easy HP!

Welcome aboard!

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
stroke it to a 383

supercharged

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Hello again, Ive stripped down the block now and determined the crank has been repaired in someway,so like mentioned above,we re thinking of stroking it to 383.

Im taking the block to the machine shop today to have it checked.

Then so far the plan is to order an Eagle complete rotating assembly.

This truck is for kids who havent even got their drivers licence yet,so dont want it too harry , 350-400 HP should be perfect.

Ive worked on tons of all types of engines but when it comes to building performance I know theres a lot more to it than just picking out shiny parts.

All have to start with,(because it came with ) is a pair of Edelbrock performer RPM heads. And hopfully a good 4 bolt main block.

Would like to end up with a motor the is bullet proof,and easily puts out.

I might have mentioned ,I convinced them to go with MPFI for reliability and prolonged life due to cylinder wash out. And the fact the younger generation is used to just hoping in ,turn the key,not pump twice,or Oh Oh you pumped it too many times now. Ok now hold your foot to the floor,,,

Anyways sorry for the long post. Appears to be a very lot of cool people on here and any comments are appreciated .

Pics to come, thanks Steve

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I might have mentioned ,I convinced them to go with MPFI for reliability and prolonged life due to cylinder wash out. And the fact the younger generation is used to just hoping in ,turn the key,not pump twice,or Oh Oh you pumped it too many times now. Ok now hold your foot to the floor

I hear that. I know quite a few people that couldn't start a carbed motor if their life depended on it. :whymewhyme:

supercharged

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
I hear that. I know quite a few people that couldn't start a carbed motor if their life depended on it. :whymewhyme:

Yep , me too. But the thing is at the same time all that raw gas washing everything out too.

Well Im now on the way to the machine shop.

Havent done any measuring for clearance or for CR yet.

I believe the heads are 64cc chambers and the block is untouched.

So ? anyone know if I were too go with flat top pistons , would my CR be too high or is my valve clearance gonna be ok ?

Im assuming the cam is not going to be too big.

The stock pistons are down in the hole quite abit..

I will double check everything before assembly but they want the pistons,crank rods before machining,for there measuring.

They ll do the machining but not assembling ,too busy I quess,or they dont want the liability Im thinking.

Anyways there er just checking the block for now. So I have a little time too figure out what I need.

Gotta run See ya !! Steve

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I have a 70 chevelle 2bolt main 350 block with 10:1 flattops, vette hp cam, knife-edged crank, oil galley limiters, crank scrapper, windage tray, Dual-plane intake, gasket matched, 441 heads. And im putting out about 375hp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486