My teenager's first small block build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Quick update to this thread. It is now April 11th and I still don't have my block back from the machine shop or even any update on its status. I called Saturday and left a message asking if they had an update and they have not called back yet.

Keep in mind that I dropped it off November 15th.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The blocks TBF says it’s either a 1970 or a 1979. If it’s a 70 block, then it’s a factory 255 horsepower and if it’s a 79 block then it’s a 165 horsepower. I can’t see the date of manufacture on it. Look at the back of the block. If it says .010 and .020 then it’s a high nickel content block and great one for rebuilding. That’s all I use. I have collection of old motors here just in case I need to rebuild an engine. Keep up the good work with your daughter. She may turn out to be the next Jessi Combs. Jessi was known in the car/truck world. She was from Rapid City SD and was one hell of a racer and mechanic. Unfortunately she died not long ago trying to break records on the Salt Flats I believe. You should look her up. Young lady was very talented, that’s for sure. Good Luck on your adventure with your daughter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike