Help with my 95 olds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
What happened to the plastic elbow? Gotta pull the water pump or something...I forget, but there IS something else involved. It's not a simple elbow job. ;)
Then it may just have to leak lol. This car has been in the family since new, and it’s never really been reliable. 2 or 3 ecm replacements, intake manifold, leaking valve cover gasket, trim falling off, headliner falling down, broken tail light mounts allowing the trunk to leak since day one, and now one rear window has stopped working, and the power locks work about 80% of the time. All with 120k on the clock.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
So terribly sad. That doesn't sound like a very fine example of GM quality - reckon it was built on a Monday?
So terribly sad because the 3800 Series 2 is very easily, and hands down, one of the best engines on the planet, ever. BUT! The cars that surround them were simply not made to last!

TOO MUCH PLASTIC

So terribly sad... :(

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I agree. I would never have bought this car, but it was left to me by my late grandma. Which worked out well because after my son was born I needed a safe way to haul him around. I sold my 06 Silverado z71 because it was a single cab. I bought a four door power stroke which was a disaster, then traded for an extended cab Silverado that I ended up selling to get rid of the payment. All to avoid driving this car lol. But I guess it all worked out because otherwise I never would have been able to justify the mechanical fixes on my square, and it would likely have been parked for the last few years instead of being completed. I still really miss that 06. It was a white single cab z71, power windows locks and mirrors. Nice comfortable seats. Good ride, and it was paid for. Had the 5.3 too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS