Help please im all out if ideas for my headers!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Ok quickly I can't find any headers with a 2" primary that will fir my truck c10 shortbed with colum shift. I was told by summit that the only ones that would fit would be the hooker headers 7525 hkr.
You must be registered for see images attach

My fcking luck is after I ordered them they sent me an email that says they've discontinued them. Fck me!

I went through jegs because they had a faster delivery date. The thing is they ship directly from hooker no matter who you used. Oriely could have ordered them too but they said it was a special order item and would take longer.

Does anyone knows of a pair that fits my truck with 2 inch primary please let me know. I can't believe this is so hard to find.

Now if I put heads on with a smaller primary then I can find them all day. That makes me think that I would want bigger primarys to move more exhaust right? But if it's not that big of deal then I might do that.

I'm gonna have the old one welded up at the Crack and then go from there. Because i do have a set with 1.750 primarys that fit perfectly except for the heads. Kept blowing gaskets.

So switch heads or not I guess is the question.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Blow gaskets or bolts come loose? If it's the bolts, Ive..... I'll shut up, not an answer to your question, which I cannot help with. Hope you get it found and figured!

Grumpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Blow gaskets or bolts come loose? If it's the bolts, Ive..... I'll shut up, not an answer to your question, which I cannot help with. Hope you get it found and figured!
ARP.
End of story.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305

It blew the gasket at the head because I had a 1.75 primary in a 2.0 head. It held up till got on it. Lol

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
I called my buddy - he has a BB in a C20. Said to look for Chevelle headers - will be easier to find them in a larger primary and they should fit a C10.

He's running Hedmans.

?!

These are the ones I'm returning because they didn't fit.
Hedman 66002 Htc Chevelle Bb 64-74 https://a.co/d/g5WjjLJ

The colum shift is the problem I'm told from my mechanic.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Wait a minute,before you send those back. Take off the column shift rods. See if the headers clear the shift arms. If so can you bend your shift rods or make new shift rods to clear the headers? I've bent shift rods before they don't seem real particular about there shape its more about the length.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Just get out your wallet

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I don't know which heads you have but would a set of copper gaskets that matched your header flanges work. The reason I say match the header flanges is gasket will have more surface area.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Well I guess it worked out all around. Got them to the exhaust shop and he's gonna weld the old 2" flange to the new 1.75 hedman headers that fit the truck. Man this has been a pita but I think this will workout better because I can use them and get my money back for the other set.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Late to the party.. But if you're running cylinder heads with square exhaust ports then you need to find headers with square exhaust port flanges. Putting headers with round exhaust port flanges onto heads with square exhaust ports will only hold up so long before the gaskets leave the chat.. And that's going to be only a few of the later model year headers, and i believe mostly like pre-1973-74 headers. For example I have hedmans with round exhaust port flanges on my truck right now, its a big block with 049 heads that have square exhaust ports and it eats gaskets no matter what gasket or fastener I use, because of the difference in size and shape between the two. I currently have two sets of gaskets installed and it hasn't blown them out yet, but thats just a crutch until the new headers are installed. I have a set of Hedman Elite Extreme-Duty Headers 69820 for my truck to install when i get time and they have the square ports. Engine guy tells me that should solve my problem by having the correct style headers that are matched to the head ports. And if I remember correctly when I looked them up I used a 1973 truck with big block for fitment. If they actually fit my configuration without any modifications is yet to be seen, but that's the route i'm going. just my $.02.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Late to the party.. But if you're running cylinder heads with square exhaust ports then you need to find headers with square exhaust port flanges. Putting headers with round exhaust port flanges onto heads with square exhaust ports will only hold up so long before the gaskets leave the chat.. And that's going to be only a few of the later model year headers, and i believe mostly like pre-1973-74 headers. For example I have hedmans with round exhaust port flanges on my truck right now, its a big block with 049 heads that have square exhaust ports and it eats gaskets no matter what gasket or fastener I use, because of the difference in size and shape between the two. I currently have two sets of gaskets installed and it hasn't blown them out yet, but thats just a crutch until the new headers are installed. I have a set of Hedman Elite Extreme-Duty Headers 69820 for my truck to install when i get time and they have the square ports. Engine guy tells me that should solve my problem by having the correct style headers that are matched to the head ports. And if I remember correctly when I looked them up I used a 1973 truck with big block for fitment. If they actually fit my configuration without any modifications is yet to be seen, but that's the route i'm going. just my $.02.

I have round ports on both headders and heads. It was leaking because I tried putting 1.750 headders on my 2 inch head ports. That's why he's welding the old flanges to new headders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike