HELP! 76 GMC c25 frame needs cab swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingBee

Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I too, was thinkin about the transmission hump then out came Fergie.

Sorry, not sorry. :)
She's hot - enjoy!

Nice!

My brother said we could probably have pop riveted the hump in and used body seam sealer to seal it up. But I weld quite well and just seamed it in. Used a reciprocating saw to cut it out and was done in no time.

Only side note to a cab swap is swapping out the VIN plates. Different size and in different locations on the dash depending on the model year. I used my old dash as a template on location...drilled out the rivets and just pop riveted it onto the dash of my new cab.

Not going down the rabbit hole of legalities on this one. I work for the police and have zero worries about anyone questioning. Plus my frame VIN matches so.....

383-GMC

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC c25
Engine Size
Well thank you guys for all the info. I found a 78 4x4 Cheyenne that isn't too bad for rockers and corners. I did buy Body mounts for my c25 frame and I think the high hump will be nice when I put on the B&M Truck shifter. Hope it's not too high[emoji1696]. This cab didn't come with a wire harness but I think I can still use my original? Once I have every thing swapped I'm going to take it for a reconstructive title.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I am rebuilding a 1976 GMC K2500 that needed a better cab. I found a 1986 cab and i'm in the middle of converting it to a 1976. There are several differences in the two cabs. Here are some pictures that may help you with your project.
You must be registered for see images attach

Holy ****
Now THATS commitment

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well thank you guys for all the info. I found a 78 4x4 Cheyenne that isn't too bad for rockers and corners. I did buy Body mounts for my c25 frame and I think the high hump will be nice when I put on the B&M Truck shifter. Hope it's not too high[emoji1696]. This cab didn't come with a wire harness but I think I can still use my original? Once I have every thing swapped I'm going to take it for a reconstructive title.

I wouldn’t give more that 300 for a cab unless someone has gone through it already.

383-GMC

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC c25
Engine Size
I wouldn’t give more that 300 for a cab unless someone has gone through it already.
Its $500 and it need 1 cab corner and 1 rocker. I can try and sell the frame and axles. I dont need them
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120