Hello from Southern Indiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Welcome Trevor! The 465 is ok, I have a few, but your mileage will not be the same without OD.

87gmcburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic Suburban
Well, hello there all the folks who are life savers and headache averting pool's of knowledge. I've been lurking for quite some time, and finally decided to create an account and take a more active role in being a part of this community, even if it means doing the stupid things that others would advise against.

Anyhow, I've got myself a 1985 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 6.2 Detroit Diesel. Lucky me, the oil pan in the garage is never dry. However, as luck would have it, my 700r4 decide to turn into a brick and crap out 3rd and 4th/OD gears. And now begins my wonderful journey into insanity to pull that turd of a transmission out and replace it with an SM465.

I look forward to asking many a question, combing through previous posts, and doing my best to not wonder why I didn't choose a cheaper hobby.

P.S. Why the SM465 transmission you ask? I was able to get two of them from a local junkyard/part dealer gentleman for 50 bucks together, plus a few other random parts that came out of an older C30 truck. Driveshaft, Clutch plate, metal cover for the floorboard of the truck, etc. So yeah, its a bit of being at the "Well, thats a pretty good deal" corner with "Why not."
Hello from Washington Indiana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod