Hello from AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illuminati

Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/Silverado
Engine Size
350 4bbl
Hey!

Just picked up an 85 Silverado(K 10) off cragislist for a steal of a deal and decided I'd register here instead of pilfering threads haha.

Truck is my first pickup truck ever, and my third Chevy ever. I'm one of those who drives what he can afFord ;) but this one caught meh eye. I digress, however; this truck is perhaps already the coolest thing I've ever owned on wheels....4" lift on huge ass tires...rancho suspension, edelbrock 4bbl, newer 350 with a 350 turbo trans...runs great after I do the wheel bearings lol....

Got it from a guy getting married and needs money for his wedding. I've been there 12 years and the WIFE wanted this. I am a lucky man.

Anyways, look forward to chilling here and learning something about these trucks.

Attachments

• 5G45U05Fb3Le3Id3H2c2ja3cf88daf12219d0.jpg
    5G45U05Fb3Le3Id3H2c2ja3cf88daf12219d0.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 85

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Ohhh hell yeah dude, kick ass pickup and glad to have you on board. If you want to read through a wheel bearing how to check out the tech section, I just did mine last spring and did a writeup on what I found.

Even with gas prices as high as they are you will enjoy the **** out of that pickup truck.

buRRp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome to GMSB. :waytogo:

Illuminati

Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/Silverado
Engine Size
350 4bbl
Ohhh hell yeah dude, kick ass pickup and glad to have you on board. If you want to read through a wheel bearing how to check out the tech section, I just did mine last spring and did a writeup on what I found.

Even with gas prices as high as they are you will enjoy the **** out of that pickup truck.

Thanks, Irishman! Yeah I actually found youse guys web searching for info about the bearings. I'd done 'em on some other vehicles but not a 4x4 Chevy. The hub assy/nuts is an interesting thing...spring etc haha

It's got Warn hubs in it now so hopefully this thing will kick some ass. My 5'2 wife loves it so I get soooo lucky hahahaa

Oh and I drive a company truck for work everyday so I save bank on gas....put 2K on our other car in a year and a half just drivin' round

Last edited:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Thanks, Irishman! Yeah I actually found youse guys web searching for info about the bearings. I'd done 'em on some other vehicles but not a 4x4 Chevy. The hub assy/nuts is an interesting thing...spring etc haha

It's got Warn hubs in it now so hopefully this thing will kick some ass. My 5'2 wife loves it so I get soooo lucky hahahaa

Oh and I drive a company truck for work everyday so I save bank on gas....put 2K on our other car in a year and a half just drivin' round

Its not complicated at all, hopefully my pictures can give you an understanding of it. While you have it apart you might look into a brake job since you have the rotor hub assembly off any ways. The parts for these trucks are so cheap you would be way ahead of the game doing it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy :wave:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Welcome to the forum! Nice truck. I can't think of a better way to spend your tax dollars than a square! LOL!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard.

Lowered4Life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Welcome! Where in AZ are you? I'm out in east mesa!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88