Hello for Canada!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bc4wheeler

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Hello everyone, My name is Kyle. I bought my first 1982 GMC truck last month after being a jeep guy for the last 10 years. What made me make the decision to change was what happened when i crashed my 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Where the GMC would have protected me and my Gf the jeep did not. i broke my leg in 4 places and she broke both legs and her pelvis. the only reason she is still hear is because her seat broke and allowed her to be pushed into the back seat area. so no more jeeps for me for daily driving and road trips. Now to get back to the truck.
I picked up a 1982 GMC 2500 heavy 3/4 ton 4x4. It has a 305 out of a newer car with a big cam, only has about 90,000km on it, runs great but has no go when you stand on it. also has a 4 speed with PTO winch attached to it. unfortunately it has a big ass flat deck on the back. i hope that i can find a welder soon and take the flat deck apart and slim it up a bit. it was definitely used for work before i got it. i have some question about the truck and what not so i will throw up a build thread when i get a chance to take some photos when i get a camera. thanks for reading and hope to talk to you all over the foreseeable future.

here is what she looked like when i picked her up and put some round rubbers on her. brought it home and woke up to 3 flats.
You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Welcome! Sorry about the wreck, but glad you had a chance to upgrade. Can I give one opinion here, hopefully not in haste since you just joined. I think your truck would be much happier with a 350 in it. That 305 will never cut it in there so if you have a chance to upgrade the motor, give it a good thinking over. Otherwise, it's a really cool looking rig. Look forward to seeing more of it.

bc4wheeler

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Welcome! Sorry about the wreck, but glad you had a chance to upgrade. Can I give one opinion here, hopefully not in haste since you just joined. I think your truck would be much happier with a 350 in it. That 305 will never cut it in there so if you have a chance to upgrade the motor, give it a good thinking over. Otherwise, it's a really cool looking rig. Look forward to seeing more of it.

i agree about the 305, will definitely try to get a 350 soon but for now as long as it gets us out camping and exploring that all we can handle. would like to try building my first motor when i get to move back out and get back working.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name