heater box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just removed all the ac equipment from my truck. My question is can i put a heater box out of a truck without ac in mine, or do i have the plug the holes where the ac evap. came out of mine?

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
All the holes for the A/C trucks are different than the trucks without A/C except the fan hole.

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So im plugging the holes then.

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
I recently yanked out all my a/c equipment and I just used some sheet metal cut to size, metal screws with sealant and it did the job just fine......if your not looking for a show engine bay but could be modified with some minor welding to make it look really clean.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I recently yanked out all my a/c equipment and I just used some sheet metal cut to size, metal screws with sealant and it did the job just fine......if your not looking for a show engine bay but could be modified with some minor welding to make it look really clean.

Hey Heavy, what did you do with yours? were you going to use the AC stuff again? the reason I ask, is i have a little plastic piece that broke on my heater door for my floor ducting, and if you were going to trash it, i wanted to see if I could talk ya outta that peice.

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
Hey Heavy, what did you do with yours? were you going to use the AC stuff again? the reason I ask, is i have a little plastic piece that broke on my heater door for my floor ducting, and if you were going to trash it, i wanted to see if I could talk ya outta that peice.

Sorry bro, I would definitely help you out but that little plastic piece was broke on mine as well.

I seen guys use some epoxy (cheap method) to fix theirs and it held up pretty good.

I still have everything if you need anything else minus that little hose that goes from the blower motor to the firewall.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Sorry bro, I would definitely help you out but that little plastic piece was broke on mine as well.

I seen guys use some epoxy (cheap method) to fix theirs and it held up pretty good.

I still have everything if you need anything else minus that little hose that goes from the blower motor to the firewall.

No worries, i think i found a way to
duplicate the piece about 2 hours ago.
Thanks!

83K5Blzr

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 HO