Headliner Trims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
How many pieces are there of the interior trims? My truck has nothing inside but I'm going full Silverado on it.

2 A-pillar trims, 2 B-pillar, front-back-both sides of the headliner (4 pcs), 2 down low (vent areas).....any more?

Thx.

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
There are 2 more short pieces that join the A-pillar trim to the kick panel trim; they're sort of pinched between the dash pad and the door weatherstripping.

The 4 straight pieces that go above the doors, windshield, and back window are painted metal, and the rest are plastic. The kick panel pieces have a totally different "grain" pattern than the rest of the trim on mine.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Between the two of you that's all of them. The small sections that go between the dash and cab aren't that noticable though.
You must be registered for see images attach

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
How many pieces are there of the interior trims? My truck has nothing inside but I'm going full Silverado on it.

2 A-pillar trims, 2 B-pillar, front-back-both sides of the headliner (4 pcs), 2 down low (vent areas).....any more?

Thx.
Be sure to get the correct color-ColorBond paint and spray all parts to uniform color/shade. It makes a noticeable difference!

Last edited:

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Doppleganger

You doing this or what? I have been contemplating it myself. Looking at LMC, it looks like the ABS Headliner comes as a kit and includes all the the trim panels:
"Headliner Kits are designed for models not originally equipped with a factory headliner. Separate panels to cover the side pillars below the headliner are included. (Drilling into the inner roof panel is required.)".
I'm not sure if that includes ALL the trim pieces (the front/back & Side pieces). If so, $ 259 for the kit is not bad IMO.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
@Doppleganger

You doing this or what? I have been contemplating it myself. Looking at LMC, it looks like the ABS Headliner comes as a kit and includes all the the trim panels:
"Headliner Kits are designed for models not originally equipped with a factory headliner. Separate panels to cover the side pillars below the headliner are included. (Drilling into the inner roof panel is required.)".
I'm not sure if that includes ALL the trim pieces (the front/back & Side pieces). If so, $ 259 for the kit is not bad IMO.
NOOOO!

The “Kit” includes two long stick on Velcro strips to attach it to the roof, and cardboard pieces of trim for the pillars. The trim is just covered with some cheesy fabric.

I already made that mistake myself. It would be better than nothing I guess. But the money saved on the other one can be put towards the legitimate plastic and metal trim parts.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
NOOOO!

The “Kit” includes two long stick on Velcro strips to attach it to the roof, and cardboard pieces of trim for the pillars. The trim is just covered with some cheesy fabric.

I already made that mistake myself. It would be better than nothing I guess. But the money saved on the other one can be put towards the legitimate plastic and metal trim parts.
Good to know. My truck never came with one. I prefer the metal and/or plastic trim pieces. Besides the abs headliner what is available? Are the replacements just like the OEM fiberboard?

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Good to know. My truck never came with one. I prefer the metal and/or plastic trim pieces. Besides the abs headliner what is available? Are the replacements just like the OEM fiberboard?
Not sure, all the stuff I saw marketed was ABS.

I kept the headliner from the kit and ordered all of the trim and screws. I think it was Classic Ind or USA 1 that had all the trim in stock. It was an expensive purchase

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Not sure, all the stuff I saw marketed was ABS.

I kept the headliner from the kit and ordered all of the trim and screws. I think it was Classic Ind or USA 1 that had all the trim in stock. It was an expensive purchase
Thanks for chiming in on the thread. I appreciate the info and alerting us to another rabbit hole waiting to devour our pride and credit cards!

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Here it is without the windshield trim installed. I had the ABS one covered in grey tweed to match my seats. The grey cloth on it really clashed with my interior fabrics, amazing how many different shades of grey there are.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I didn't get the kit as everyone was out of stock on one piece or another. I wound up getting a close 'dark gray' covered headliner with the intent of spray dying it to match the charcoal dash, etc. I also collected all the plastic parts (LMC iirc - took awhile with backorders) and then the side pieces in OE metal from the yard. They are all generic black that I'll also paint to match the charcoal interior.

Going to mock everything up in my stripped cab, so I can predrill the holes before the whole thing gets painted.

I tried in vain to buy it all in color from USA1 - but backordered items I canceled 2 yrs ago are STILL out of stock. UFB.

Shawn Watson

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I didn't get the kit as everyone was out of stock on one piece or another. I wound up getting a close 'dark gray' covered headliner with the intent of spray dying it to match the charcoal dash, etc. I also collected all the plastic parts (LMC iirc - took awhile with backorders) and then the side pieces in OE metal from the yard. They are all generic black that I'll also paint to match the charcoal interior.

Going to mock everything up in my stripped cab, so I can predrill the holes before the whole thing gets painted.

I tried in vain to buy it all in color from USA1 - but backordered items I canceled 2 yrs ago are STILL out of stock. UFB.
Let us know how the mock-up/pre-drill idea goes. I'm also doing a Silverado trim into a Scottsdale upgrade so I don't have any holes to work with and was wondering the best way to go about it.

Shawn

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
What Brand/color of paint are you using to match the color? I asked USA-1 when I got some sun visors a few years ago, but they just told me it was a general color they used- no help...

On my last truck, '79 K15, I found a bunch of parts on line, circa 2013. From the factory, it did not have a headliner so I had to drill all the holes. I swapped over to the 81+ interior. I did a quick clean up with TSP then just sprayed Dupli-color vinyl paint. Black on the dash and dark gray on everything else.

On my '85 I did not have the rear cab light, but I added this factory switch then added LED light inside my truck box and on the bed facing side. You do have to drill a hole in the B pillar for the switch to fit.

1979 K15

1985 Cab switch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello