Headlights quit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
If this has been a problem since you bought the truck and are not sure if the headlights have been changed I would check the wattage of the headlights. It was common years ago for people to upgrade headlights to ones like Bosch with higher wattage which required the install of a relay but they would leave out that step. Low beam would usually be ok and short use of highs but if you left highs on boom boom out go the lights.

Red Rex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 1500 4 WD shortbed
Engine Size
If this has been a problem since you bought the truck and are not sure if the headlights have been changed I would check the wattage of the headlights. It was common years ago for people to upgrade headlights to ones like Bosch with higher wattage which required the install of a relay but they would leave out that step. Low beam would usually be ok and short use of highs but if you left highs on boom boom out go the lights.

The 4 headlights are standard. I have owned the truck probably 14 years. The headlight switch was just getting to where I could feel corrosion resistance when I turned down the interior lights. I decided to change it and got a defective new part

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbcasterlin