Has anyone converted their '73 to 3 point seat belts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilrab

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My 1973 K10 has standard 2 point belts and I was looking at this 3 point seat belt kit from LMC and was wondering if anyone has used these or has a different recommendation.

http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cc/cccg8.htm

There is a plugged hole on the back of the cab that looks like the 3 points might have been an option at the time.

Thanks in advance.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I know about the plugged hole, I just can't remember if it's an open hole or if the threaded plate is there too. If it is, it's just a bolt-in affair. Otherwise you have to fish a nut/washer and heavy gauge backing plate up there.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Mine has the blind nut behind the plug. Not sure if they did that with every truck or not. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to find new trim pieces or just drill holes so that I can install the 3pt system into the truck.

wilrab

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the replies guys. I would've pulled the plug and see what's behind there already but I'm in the middle of replacing my locking hubs and the driver side is giving me fits. I think it is just about hammer time. :signs6:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76