Gusseting corporate 10 bolt/ 8 lug.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

molus

Reaction score
First Name
morgan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Good afternoon.
Has anyone had success gusseting corporate 10/8lug diffs and was it worth it.
Though I might do mine while it’s out and clean.

Last edited:

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Do you mean gusseting? I've installed several over the years.. I've also installed back braces for drag racing and dirt track applications.. The thing to watch out for is warping due to all the heat produced from the welding. Unless you plan on doing some serious off-roading or sled pulling, don't waste you time..

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
A young guy on another site did his. He's up in Michigan, catches a lot of air when he gets time.
He has a metal shop, specializes in GM.
Adam Dueling, Dueling Designs. Very creative fellow.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
If you are going to go through the trouble, you may want to look for a d60 first. Start with a fairly strong axle then make it stronger if you plan on getting that crazy in the truck.

Far more kits for the d60 too.

molus

Reaction score
First Name
morgan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Do you mean gusseting? I've installed several over the years.. I've also installed back braces for drag racing and dirt track applications.. The thing to watch out for is warping due to all the heat produced from the welding. Unless you plan on doing some serious off-roading or sled pulling, don't waste you time..
Yes I did mean gusseting, I’ll blame that on autocorrect.
It’s pretty common here on Nissan Patrols and Toyota land crusisers. It won’t be the first time I’ve launched an off-roader and bent the front axels.

molus

Reaction score
First Name
morgan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
If you are going to go through the trouble, you may want to look for a d60 first. Start with a fairly strong axle then make it stronger if you plan on getting that crazy in the truck.

Far more kits for the d60 too.
Unfortunately I live in New Zealand. I doubt there would be a single d60 available in the whole country. Important if one is costly, let alone finding one second hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag