Gun racks, tailgate straps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I was cleaning the shop out and found these. Won’t use them and don’t need them so they gotta go. 2 sets of adjustable gun racks, these are metal with a rubber coating to protect your rifle. $10 each. And one set of tailgate straps, $10. Willing to ship on your dime. Located in Hickory NC.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
I'm interested in a gun rack to put in my square. Please check shipping to 55437.

Assuming they won't cost >$20 to ship, consider a set sold.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I remember when gun racks were standard issue. I don't recall seeing any truck in my hometown without a gun rack and of course it had guns on it too.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I'm interested in a gun rack to put in my square. Please check shipping to 55437.

Assuming they won't cost >$20 to ship, consider a set sold.
I’ll check shipping tomorrow, I work late today.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Any updates on shipping?
Not yet, sorry for the delay but this weekend was one where we just did not stop. I’m going to get you one probably Wednesday, as I work 8-7:30 today, tomorrow, and 8-12 on Wednesday. So I’m going to try to get my the post office Wednesday afternoon.

Also meant to ask, do you prefer one set over the other? Or is either one ok?

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
It’ll be $14.50 to ship priority through usps, and that covers the shipping material as well. Just let me know.
Sounds good to me. PayPal? If you don't want to support them, I'm cool with that because I hate them too. I don't do any other electronic fund transfers at the moment. I can mail a check or cash and you can ship the rack when it clears. Shoot me a PM with your payment preference and address if necessary.

Also meant to ask, do you prefer one set over the other? Or is either one ok?
Left rack in the picture looks symmetrical, the right rack looks heavier and like one pair of hooks might be slightly larger. Is that true, or an optical illusion?

Which rack would you rather have in your truck?

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Sounds good to me. PayPal? If you don't want to support them, I'm cool with that because I hate them too. I don't do any other electronic fund transfers at the moment. I can mail a check or cash and you can ship the rack when it clears. Shoot me a PM with your payment preference and address if necessary.

Left rack in the picture looks symmetrical, the right rack looks heavier and like one pair of hooks might be slightly larger. Is that true, or an optical illusion?

Which rack would you rather have in your truck?
I think it’s an optical illusion, or maybe just that one is bent closed slightly. I’ll check at home. The one on the right definitely seems beefier, but there’s less adjustment. I’d probably take the one on the right, but that’s just me.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
The right hand racks hooks bend to be tighter or looser, and the one is bent slightly open. You can adjust to your choice. Sorry it took a while, for whatever reason my phone logged me out of the forum and of Course I couldn’t remember my password, and then I got my account locked. It was a whole thing.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Payment is coming through the interwebs...

What kind of hardware do you guys use to mount the racks? Self-tapping sheetmetal screws? If so, what size?

Pictures are always appreciated.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
The rack on the right in the picture is sold and on the way to @scrap--metal . Thank you sir! As far as mounting goes, I’m not sure as I have one that slips between the glass and the rubber seal. But I’d say that some short self tappers would work, or some regular sheet metal screws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia