Great Deal alert…Grille and Headlight Bezels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Pretty dang cheap! I used to be able to get those grilles, delivered to the shop, for around 35 bucks. The bezels were maybe 8 or 9 each. But that was years ago.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
That carparts.com, isn't that how JCWhitney rebranded itself?

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Found these on carparts.com a couple weeks ago. Even cheaper. If I cant find any willing to part with an OE set, then that's what I'll go for.
You must be registered for see images attach

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@FireTruck1984,@AyWoSch Motors,

Guys, please call these people and ask them if these bezels are plastic. That may be the reason for the cheap price. When I was parts shopping before I started rebuilding my truck there was a custom parts place in town. So I went over there and looked at their bezels and they were plastic. So, I literally went a block away to the Chevy dealership and they had original OEM bezels, metal, with the painted centers and that little space before the edge part, for not to much more, but they were real Chevy.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8

Guys, please call these people and ask them if these bezels are plastic. That may be the reason for the cheap price. When I was parts shopping before I started rebuilding my truck there was a custom parts place in town. So I went over there and looked at their bezels and they were plastic. So, I literally went a block away to the Chevy dealership and they had original OEM bezels, metal, with the painted centers and that little space before the edge part, for not to much more, but they were real Chevy.
What do you mean metal, They're plastic from the factory, every set I've ever seen is plastic

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305

Yes, of course they’re Plastic. All ‘81-‘87 are, Factory and reproduction.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@FireTruck1984 Thanks for sharing.
I just looked and they have GMC grilles as well. Even cheaper for one model. (that per the description is for single headlight trucks, no bezels included, grille only) $45 price tag, supposedly $170 off of list price, so maybe real OEM??
To my knowledge, the grille is the same for 2 or 4 headlight model GMCs and the only difference is in the headlight buckets and bezels.
Do you know of any difference between the 2? seems like they both would be just like your truck pictured.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
@FireTruck1984 Thanks for sharing.
I just looked and they have GMC grilles as well. Even cheaper for one model. (that per the description is for single headlight trucks, no bezels included, grille only) $45 price tag, supposedly $170 off of list price, so maybe real OEM??
To my knowledge, the grille is the same for 2 or 4 headlight model GMCs and the only difference is in the headlight buckets and bezels.
Do you know of any difference between the 2? seems like they both would be just like your truck pictured.
For trucks with 4 headlights, they put the riding light/blinker, in the grill, on 2 headlight models they riding light/blinker is below the headlight and not in the grill.
I think the only difference is there should be a place to bolt/snap the plastic light lense in.
That's just to the best of my knowledge.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^ Thank you. I forgot, the parking lights attach to the grille, not the chassis behind it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep