Gotta love TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
When you have something from 198x, it's gonna give problems.

I found the best solution was just to replace almost everything I possibly could.... She hasn't dissatisfied me or let me down much yet!

I also parted out an entire truck to fund the overhaul of my 89 too.

I have damn near done that, problem is the parts you get nowadays are in worse shape new, than the old stuff your taking off....to many wire and little plastic clip thingies to not be making contact....and don't even get me started on those damn in the tank fuel pumps that only quit when you ain't at the house...my bed has a special hole for changing those.... Probably has more to do with my mind set, I like simple, electronics are not simple to me. I have 2 of them now, little 87 (it ain't on my list because it's an automatic, something else I do not like, and the tranny is out...as well as both fuel pumps, and the little 89 which is waiting for me to put the 3rd module in 3 years in????? Going to see about some more in depth trouble shooting and more than likely replace the distributor??? When they are running and right they are great little machines, but when they aint.....damn!!!

Edit to add. I don't look for nor buy the cheapest part, want the best quality the brick and mortar store can get me. Also do not buy from internet stores..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat