GMC HIGH SIERRA AND SIERRA CLASSIC whats the difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
I own a 2013 GMC SIERRA TEXAS EDITION. I like the looks over chevy. Its equal to the silverado. (option wise, fully loaded)

Besides my 85 K20 silverado, I have the 87 GMC Sierra classic. I have seen a GMC high Sierra also. What is equal to the Silverado, the classic or the high? and what was the difference high and classic. Thanks

redneck_reed78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Braden
Truck Year
1987, 1991
Truck Model
R30, Suburban
Engine Size
I own a 2013 GMC SIERRA TEXAS EDITION. I like the looks over chevy. Its equal to the silverado. (option wise, fully loaded)

Besides my 85 K20 silverado, I have the 87 GMC Sierra classic. I have seen a GMC high Sierra also. What is equal to the Silverado, the classic or the high? and what was the difference high and classic. Thanks

It's mostly just interior trim, seat patterns, things like that.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

One was High and the other was a Classic.... duuhh !!! LOL I dunno LOL I have often wondered the same thing. Each trim usually allowed for different options at the dealership. While each trim package would make certain options mandatory for each level of trim.

But honestly how many options existed back then ?

A/C
Cruise
Gauge Options
Quad lights
Electric Windows
Exterior courtesy Light
Dual Tanks
Tank size
Engine Option
Transmission Option
Suspension Option
Rear Slider Window