Gauge cluster removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmac97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado c10 half-ton
Engine Size
Hey everyone! I am trying to take out the gauge cluster in order to replace the burnt out standard bulbs with brighter LED's. It would be great to get step by step instructions on how to properly take it out without damaging anything in the process. The truck is an 87 silverado c10. Thanks in advance for the much appreciated help!

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
I took mine all the way apart in my 87 custom deluxe. Its non AC but the plastic bezel that goes around the cluster and your heater and what not has screws in it. Take all of those out. There should be 4 bolts above your glove box (don't remember the size but they are small.) Have both doors open and there is a screw on each side where it meets by the door. Then its just a matter of getting the dash out. Lift the front up and wiggle and pull it should come out. There are little tongues on the end. Then if I remember correctly its all Phillips head screws the rest of the way once you get all the stuff around the gauges out and its just the gauges and the cluster you can pull the oil pressure volt temp and full gauge if they are factory. They sit in little metal clips. Reassemble after you put the lights in of course Haha.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lepak