gas tank pushing fuel out the cap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbsuguy1

Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
scottsdale k 30
Engine Size
dual tanks on 82 , right tank works fine... switch to left and ran for short time fine then started spewing fuel out cap and running like crap. first time i have had any problems with fuel system and i have put several tanks of gas through both sides. any ideas?

bedwards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverado
Engine Size
Mine did it and the tank selector valve was bad. Pumped enough fuel from one tank into the other to overflow it and up through the vent into the carbon canister and ruined it and flooded the carb.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
dual tanks on 82 , right tank works fine... switch to left and ran for short time fine then started spewing fuel out cap and running like crap. first time i have had any problems with fuel system and i have put several tanks of gas through both sides. any ideas?

Mine did it and the tank selector valve was bad. Pumped enough fuel from one tank into the other to overflow it and up through the vent into the carbon canister and ruined it and flooded the carb.

That sounds about right to me. You'll need a tank selector valve and you'll need to replace the carbon canister as I'm sure it got flooded with fuel if it made it run bad. If you don't already know the tank selector valve is somewhere under the cab and the canister should be in the left (driver side) inner fender well by the radiator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20