Fuel tank sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Im trying to replace the fuel tank sending unit, the one that is in it has three lines, I will be installing an electric fuel pump and no smog stuff, how do I remove the sending unit and and what sending unit would I need now 2 or 3 line and what lines would be used for

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just figured out how to remove sending unit, but still need info on how to hook up lines for electric fuel pump

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
If the sending unit still provides the gas gauge with an accurate signal, I wouldn't even change it.

The electric fuel pump can be installed some place convenient anywhere in the same line that the mechanical pump used.

Unless your electric fuel pump requires a return line, the other 2 lines (one for the evap canister and the other for fuel return) are not needed.

They can be cut and capped off near the tank end. The remaining sections - the ones that lead forward - can be removed altogether.

Tr0gdor

Reaction score
First Name
Deuce
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer K5
Engine Size
If the sending unit still provides the gas gauge with an accurate signal, I wouldn't even change it.

The electric fuel pump can be installed some place convenient anywhere in the same line that the mechanical pump used.

Unless your electric fuel pump requires a return line, the other 2 lines (one for the evap canister and the other for fuel return) are not needed.

They can be cut and capped off near the tank end. The remaining sections - the ones that lead forward - can be removed altogether.

This works. I just installed a new tank and electric fuel pump about a year ago to replace the mechanical and capping them has worked fine.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
I agree you can use the old sending unit if it works. but you can't cap both lines. you can cap one but not both the tank must be vented somehow. this is usually though the charcoal canister. you can leave it that way or just put a fuel filter on one of the lines and run it up high, the fuel filter lets air pass but not dirt. highdesertranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blazermaniac