Fuel sender differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah, rollers do not flat tappets, just saw the pic never seen that but then again I'm not a Comp fan either so I guess that splains why I never seen it, lol. I sure wouldn't pay that much for that..

Looks what I found.....

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 60

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I used one of them in my buddy's motor I just built 3 months ago, they work good..

Way cheaper alternative. Them roller thingys are around a hundred but I was reading posts on a vette site and well maybe they are upity people because they have vettes but not much good said about the roller tip. For a laugh I should search Yellow Bullet that's always good for a laugh over there. Lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Pretty simple design. Definitely not worth 120 to me . I'm gonna make one tho. Only issue I've ever seen with Comp was my buddy's Jeep cam it was bent. Sent it back and the replacement was worse the first one had .006 runout the second .010. We had custom billet one made from Predator. I assume AMC stuff doesn't move much and warped sitting on a shelf lol. Either that or they are all **** and the guy that built the engine (builds pro mod engines) is just that meticulous.
Glad you mentioned that, I had them bent too, but I've had more problems with the dowel being out of place than anything, it has been quite a while though maybe they're better now.:shrug:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Way cheaper alternative. Them roller thingys are around a hundred but I was reading posts on a vette site and well maybe they are upity people because they have vettes but not much good said about the roller tip. For a laugh I should search Yellow Bullet that's always good for a laugh over there. Lol
Them guys are in they're own world too, lol, yeah, it's fun over on Yellow Bullet, lol.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It would be easy to make a roller pushrod, put a roller on like a roller lifter and on the pump end have a wider diameter and a machined index for the pump arm so it wouldn't rotate.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It would be easy to make a roller pushrod, put a roller on like a roller lifter and on the pump end have a wider diameter and a machined index for the pump arm so it wouldn't rotate.

Yeah just have the excess that you gained with the roller machines out to fit around the pump arm. It wouldn't be much but should be enough to keep it from turning.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yeah just have the excess that you gained with the roller machines out to fit around the pump arm. It wouldn't be much but should be enough to keep it from turning.
That's what I figure..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That's what I figure..

Ok was out looking at it. I would have to jack the engine out to get the push rod in and I don't think a pump would fit due to that goofy ass cross member the 4x4s have. Maybe if it's clocked back, but I'm putting my blue springed red pump behind the tank connected to a weld in sump. My red pump makes 9psi so it's essentially a blue pump and will be plenty for this lil 408.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Ok was out looking at it. I would have to jack the engine out to get the push rod in and I don't think a pump would fit due to that goofy ass cross member the 4x4s have. Maybe if it's clocked back, but I'm putting my blue springed red pump behind the tank connected to a weld in sump. My red pump makes 9psi so it's essentially a blue pump and will be plenty for this lil 408.
Not into 4x's didn't know they had another crossmember, guess you'll have to go with electric then..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Not into 4x's didn't know they had another crossmember, guess you'll have to go with electric then..

Here's a better pic.... might as well call this our thread lol we can call it the Honkey Shortbed thread

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 68

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Here's a better pic.... might as well call this our thread lol we can call it the Honkey Shortbed thread
That's funny, lol.. Sure looks like there's room though?????. Well, maybe not, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamberttt