Fuel sender differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah, they will go on a big block but won't work right not getting a full stroke, get the big block pump and it'll work just fine for what you're gonna do..

I emailed Comp about when a bronze tipped push rod is required. If I'm gonna buy a new pump probably gonna go 80 to 110gph. Mechanical would be less wiring and plumbing.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I emailed Comp about when a bronze tipped push rod is required. If I'm gonna buy a new pump probably gonna go 80 to 110gph. Mechanical would be less wiring and plumbing.
Yeah, and more reliable and way easier access if something was to wrong.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah, and more reliable and way easier access if something was to wrong.

Well I called Comp. They said anything over stock needs the bronze tip. I'm sure they are covering thier ass because he wouldn't give me a flow rate number. So according to Comp even a 50gph pump needs the special rod so it can wear and fill my oil with shiny glitter looking stuff

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well I called Comp. They said anything over stock needs the bronze tip. I'm sure they are covering thier ass because he wouldn't give me a flow rate number. So according to Comp even a 50gph pump needs the special rod so it can wear and fill my oil with shiny glitter looking stuff
He said that because he didn't know, and he figured that would keep him off dumb ass status, lol.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
He said that because he didn't know, and he figured that would keep him off dumb ass status, lol.

Yup pretty much. Idk electric is looking better and better. I also thought of dropping the tank and welding in a sump but the tank is lower then the frame. I have a fuel safe fuel cell but I'd rather buoy have that hogging bet space.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yup pretty much. Idk electric is looking better and better. I also thought of dropping the tank and welding in a sump but the tank is lower then the frame. I have a fuel safe fuel cell but I'd rather buoy have that hogging bet space.
I just don't have any faith in electric had to many breakdowns, never a problem with mechanical though.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I just don't have any faith in electric had to many breakdowns, never a problem with mechanical though.

I've always run electrics. I'm a wiring kinda guy I guess. I was reading horror stories of these pushrods coming apart in short time. Or having to change it every 3 months not to user friendly imho.stock set up no brainer I'd just rather my oil didn't look like a stripper bathed in it.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've always run electrics. I'm a wiring kinda guy I guess. I was reading horror stories of these pushrods coming apart in short time. Or having to change it every 3 months not to user friendly imho.stock set up no brainer I'd just rather my oil didn't look like a stripper bathed in it.
Well, I don't mind the wiring it's the reliability, electronics are prone to fail just a matter of time, could be an hour could be 20yrs hate wondering all the time when it's gonna happen, and you know it won't happen in the driveway, lol.
Guess I need to pay more attention to what's going on, I never heard of them pushrods, but I don't think I'd want to run one of them things, kinda tells me that Comp cores are not the greatest???..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well, I don't mind the wiring it's the reliability, electronics are prone to fail just a matter of time, could be an hour could be 20yrs hate wondering all the time when it's gonna happen, and you know it won't happen in the driveway, lol.
Guess I need to pay more attention to what's going on, I never heard of them pushrods, but I don't think I'd want to run one of them things, kinda tells me that Comp cores are not the greatest???..

I might just modify my tank and gravity feed a pump. I have a freshly rebuilt Holley red pump on my run stand. No regulator required and a single line run to the front. It would be nice to design a roller tip push rod.......hmmmmm I might just do that. If Comps cam has roller lifters it should be able to handle that. That pump isn't gonna have as much tension of the valve spring....Now my head is whirling. It would yield less drag and as long as it's the same length it won't care. This is my next project....

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Just gotta figure out how to not let it spin in the bore....

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Never mind....

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 69

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Not rollers mine have arms lol I'm sure I could copy that design for less then 120 lol
Yeah, rollers do not flat tappets, just saw the pic never seen that but then again I'm not a Comp fan either so I guess that splains why I never seen it, lol. I sure wouldn't pay that much for that..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah, rollers do not flat tappets, just saw the pic never seen that but then again I'm not a Comp fan either so I guess that splains why I never seen it, lol. I sure wouldn't pay that much for that..

Pretty simple design. Definitely not worth 120 to me . I'm gonna make one tho. Only issue I've ever seen with Comp was my buddy's Jeep cam it was bent. Sent it back and the replacement was worse the first one had .006 runout the second .010. We had custom billet one made from Predator. I assume AMC stuff doesn't move much and warped sitting on a shelf lol. Either that or they are all **** and the guy that built the engine (builds pro mod engines) is just that meticulous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrusher