Front caliper upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surffly

Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I need to do the brakes on my 73.
My question is, are there any bolt on upgrades for these trucks?
Not looking for carbon 17in rotors to do stoppies. More thinking about what I call OEM+ mods. Like the caliper off a 79 caddy is huge, cheap and bette then stock for example.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Wilwood makes a D52 dual piston caliper that's really nice an is a stock replacement. They are about $350 a pair I believe.

A set of those, good pads an a slotted an drilled rotor should put you in the windshield. I've heard good things about R1 concepts rotors but idk if they have them for these year trucks. A lot of the 88-98 guys like them though..

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I am confused from reading as well. I have a 91 burb and cant figure out if the 2500 and 2500 front brakes are bigger. I would like to swap those on if they are. Anyone??

cyclic

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I just posted a brake upgrade for your suburban. Keeps it 6 lug.

The 2wd stuff for his brake upgrade is limited. What has been posted above with the Wilwood is good stuff.

For 1/2 ton 4x4, my brake upgrade is the best thing going right now. Took me about a year to find it. Almost a bolt on affair, the little work that needs done is easily accomplished with a brake lathe and a drill bit. Check it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bats_67