Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I've owned 3 Fords: a 2002 Focus ZX3, a 2003 Ranger Tremor and a 2012 Fiesta HB. 2 of the 3 were worth owning. I loved the ZX3. I even did some bolt-on engine work. Nothing crazy. Hood got beat up in a hail storm and I replaced it with a carbon fiber type. The CF hood was ripped off the car one morning along with passenger window and audio equipment. Never did anymore work to it after that. However, the exhaust system I installed was kick ass. It had full headers and a flowmaster 40 on it and at idle, you could hear hints of a 5.0.

The Ranger was a decent truck. It had 4x4 suspension w/o 4WD, a decent OEM stereo system with subwoofer (hence Tremor) and a 3.0 6 cylinder. I had to have the engine serviced shortly after buying the truck. The 3.0's (AKA Vulcan) were rock solid engines except for the cam synchro. The sleeve bearing for it had a tendency to fail which would cause total engine failure. Not a bad truck. It should have had the 4L in it instead.

The Fiesta, oh the Fiesta. Mistake number 1 was getting the computer controlled, double clutch 6-speed autotrans. That was the worst setup ever! It would cause the car to shudder on take-off and you could hear clatter, too. If you needed to put your foot in it, it had to think for a moment about which gear it needed to be in. Had to turn off all the electronic traction crap just to bark the tires. Tried a neutral drop once. The ECM let the RPMs drop before launching. The 1.6L sucked for power. A granny on a scooter could outrun that car. Oh, and the biggest lie about the car, the MPG. Rated at 47 MPG, that car would regularly see low 30's driving around town. I got it to low 40's only if I had just filled up and gave it pedal to SLOWLY get up to speed. After that, it was using gravity for down hill and just enough pedal to maintain speed going up and on flat road. Even driving on the highway wouldn't yield 40+ MPG. Upper 30's at best. Car got totaled a year or so later and that's when I bought my '87 Chevy Silvy.

What I find funny though are these Ford guys with lifted diesel/gas trucks when they roll up next to my truck. I give them a run for their money. I don't win, but they have to work really hard most of the time and my truck is basically stock.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Never owned a Ford. Somewhere around 25 vehicles since I started driving, not one has been a Ford.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Never owned a Ford. Somewhere around 25 vehicles since I started driving, not one has been a Ford.
You have to so you have atleast one car you can say was the biggest piec of **** you ever owned.lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
You have to so you have atleast one car you can say was the biggest piec of **** you ever owned.lol

That's how I described my '92 jeep wrangler. Sure it would go virtually anywhere it was pointed, as long as everything was working that day.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That's how I described my '92 jeep wrangler. Sure it would go virtually anywhere it was pointed, as long as everything was working that day.
Fair enough YJ-Ford same difference.lol

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I've owned 3 Fords: a 2002 Focus ZX3, a 2003 Ranger Tremor and a 2012 Fiesta HB. 2 of the 3 were worth owning. I loved the ZX3. I even did some bolt-on engine work. Nothing crazy. Hood got beat up in a hail storm and I replaced it with a carbon fiber type. The CF hood was ripped off the car one morning along with passenger window and audio equipment. Never did anymore work to it after that. However, the exhaust system I installed was kick ass. It had full headers and a flowmaster 40 on it and at idle, you could hear hints of a 5.0.

The Ranger was a decent truck. It had 4x4 suspension w/o 4WD, a decent OEM stereo system with subwoofer (hence Tremor) and a 3.0 6 cylinder. I had to have the engine serviced shortly after buying the truck. The 3.0's (AKA Vulcan) were rock solid engines except for the cam synchro. The sleeve bearing for it had a tendency to fail which would cause total engine failure. Not a bad truck. It should have had the 4L in it instead.

The Fiesta, oh the Fiesta. Mistake number 1 was getting the computer controlled, double clutch 6-speed autotrans. That was the worst setup ever! It would cause the car to shudder on take-off and you could hear clatter, too. If you needed to put your foot in it, it had to think for a moment about which gear it needed to be in. Had to turn off all the electronic traction crap just to bark the tires. Tried a neutral drop once. The ECM let the RPMs drop before launching. The 1.6L sucked for power. A granny on a scooter could outrun that car. Oh, and the biggest lie about the car, the MPG. Rated at 47 MPG, that car would regularly see low 30's driving around town. I got it to low 40's only if I had just filled up and gave it pedal to SLOWLY get up to speed. After that, it was using gravity for down hill and just enough pedal to maintain speed going up and on flat road. Even driving on the highway wouldn't yield 40+ MPG. Upper 30's at best. Car got totaled a year or so later and that's when I bought my '87 Chevy Silvy.

What I find funny though are these Ford guys with lifted diesel/gas trucks when they roll up next to my truck. I give them a run for their money. I don't win, but they have to work really hard most of the time and my truck is basically stock.

I admit I also owned Fords... but they were really nice...
a '64 Falcon with built 289, and a '73 Thunderbird with a 460. The Thunderbird was ok, but the 460 is what really made it. Pin it at 85 mph and bam it's going over 100.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
All jokes aside, really...
How many 30+ year old Ford trucks do we see on the road?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
All jokes aside, really...
How many 30+ year old Ford trucks do we see on the road?
Not near as many as GM trucks. It's true that the Ford F150 is the best selling truck for the last 40 years. Now, what would happen instead of doing Chevy, Ford, GMC and Dodge trucks, and we did, GM Trucks (Chevy and GMC) vs Ford vs Dodge??? Yep, of course GM 1500 series would be the best selling truck in the last 50 years.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
And I'm not knocking Fords as much as I am illuminating how incredible the GM square body was engineered.
IMO it was the last of a user friendly design. You can maintain these trucks with a hammer and screw driver.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And I'm not knocking Fords as much as I am illuminating how incredible the GM square body was engineered.
IMO it was the last of a user friendly design. You can maintain these trucks with a hammer and screw driver.
I'm there with you. We can have fun and knock the other brands all brands. But I had Fords too even though I felt it was against my religion. But I have to say they were fairly good. Did have some problems with my Eddie Baur 4x4 Expedition, but I had been smart I'd have just ran my code reader myself and fixed it myself but it was under warranty so I let the Ford stealership fix it. That was my mistake.

If I was rich and had the money to buy a new truck and daily driver, it would be a GM truck without doubt. BUT, if I were to buy me a new chassis for a tow truck, it would be a Ford. Noooo, not a Dodge with a Cummins either. The newer Dodge Cummins in the last 6-8 years are so and problematic IMO. I see the wrecker services using Dodges and they spend alot of time in the shop. The newer Fords since the 6.7 most are satisfied and they're getting very close or over 200,000 miles before starting to have problems, like a pump or a turbo failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL