Ford F-350 Custom Rear Bench into ‘84 Chevy K20 Square?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventurer

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 ¾ Ton 4WD Longbed
Engine Size
292 4.8L Inline 6, manual
After many visits to local salvage yards, while also scouring FB Mkt. Place, etc. and not seeing anything local in great shape while on a shoestring budget, from Chevy to Chevy, bench seat wise, with headrests…

We finally came across and pulled a sweet, sliding, folding, nicely padded, like new, vinyl rear bench from a Ford-350 Tow Truck, for $21.

(Obviously some seat bracket fabrication is involved, which is fine as my sons a welder).

Just curious as to if anyone here has made this specific Ford bench seat swap into an ‘84 (or compatible) Chevy K20 pickup or not and if so, if you might post any pics of the conversion.

Tremendously more comfortable and cheaper than reupholstering or paying LMC Truck’s shipping.

(I searched this forum prior to posting and saw references to ppl using Honda Odyssey or Cadillac seats, but not Ford).

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
As long as it fits in the cab, there's no reason you couldn't use it. Just weld the GM brackets onto the Ford frame and call it a day. Since the seat slides and folds, make sure it still has room to do so in the GM truck, before you chop the brackets off.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Have you sat in it yet? Is it '11 or newer? If so, those rear seats are one of the most uncomfortable seats ever put in a truck. That's not just my opinion either, that's also the opinion of any coworker that has ever had the misfortune of sitting on them for any length of time.

The '10 and earlier though, those aren't bad.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Thou shalt not put them ford parts into the squarebodies.
Well at least the Ford seat was made in the Western Hemisphere. Too many aftermarket parts are made in Asia. Breaks my heart.

@Adventurer

For $21, how can you go wrong if it fits in!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224