first time Square body owner in Idaho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1976GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Hey I recently purchased a orange 1976 GMC K10 short box to be my daily and I love it haha yea the gas blows but after having several 04+ cars and trucks of course it will. My rig is the Sierra Grande edition but had the 400 removed back in 04 and a 350 was put in its place with edelbrock carb and intake manifold. it was also lifted about 6" and rides on some 35's. only issues i have had so far are;
1) Vaper locked the gas due to the stock metal fuel line damn near touching the block.
2) Whenever i drive on dirt and hit bumps it sounds like the cab or bed is lifting up and smacking back down.
3)Break pressure is non exist and had been crazy low when i bought it but now 300+ miles later it is gone completely.
4) loss of back pressure and farting sound from header/exhaust connector.
The vaper lock i fixed by running about a 2 inch straight 3/8 break line from napa out of the fuel pump and rerouting a longer rubber fuel line to that. The body sound i figure will be easy enough to fix with new cab mounts and maybe a little welding and as for the breaks well i just figure the pads dunzo. The fart/back pressure problem was fixed with new bolts and tightening the connector.
Now Im starting my project of fixing all the body issues like rust and dents and removing the trim and patching little holes so i can hopefully be able to paint it next weekend gun metal grey from the upper trim up and rino lined from there down and in the bed.
well just wanted to say hi kuz im gonna be here awile so ill talk to y'all soon.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Welcome! It could be your body mounts are shot. When I bought mine they were so bad my cab was bouncing/banging against the frame. If no one replaced it they are probably all rotted. The ones under my radiator support were gone also.

Sounds like you got a good grasp on what it needs. Rhino lining is the way to do. Post pics of your progress!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

1976GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Welcome! It could be your body mounts are shot. When I bought mine they were so bad my cab was bouncing/banging against the frame. If no one replaced it they are probably all rotted. The ones under my radiator support were gone also.

Sounds like you got a good grasp on what it needs. Rhino lining is the way to do. Post pics of your progress!

thanks for the input i'll have to check those too and i'll post pictures as soon as i can find my camera.

1976GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size

thanks for the input i'll have to check those too and i'll post pictures as soon as i can find my camera.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: from
You must be registered for see images attach

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Any updates? How goes everything with the truck?

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
:welcome: From Eastern Montana.
I pass through the lower parts of Idaho, on My way to My brothers in northern cali; what part of Idaho are You in.
Maybe a MEET~N~GREET could be in order, sometime. Might be fairly soon as I am contacting the feller in Reno that has the 94 1ton dually, have to go and getit. :popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB