favorite spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woodsrider250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350-Qjet
MSD = "Multiple Spark Discharge" It doesn't just fire all willy nilly on all the other strokes, but rather than 1 'zap' it's a bunch....REAL QUICK. We're talking milliseconds. Regardless, a MSD/CDI ignition is capable of doing this on a regular AC 44 plug ;)

Jake292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
350 efi, 700r4
MSD = "Multiple Spark Discharge" It doesn't just fire all willy nilly on all the other strokes, but rather than 1 'zap' it's a bunch....REAL QUICK. We're talking milliseconds. Regardless, a MSD/CDI ignition is capable of doing this on a regular AC 44 plug ;)

I'm running a msd on my truck and using the normal plugs. I do have to say, the coils dint last as long with it but its not to bad(2years) It not only puts alot of sparks in that short amount of time but it also increases the voltage going to the plug a good bit too. I had cracked ceramic in one of my plugs(never seen it before) and it almost passed the sniffer test with the dead hole because it was burning more of the gas in the rest of the engine.

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205/d44/corp14
Modern distributerless ignition sometimes uses "wasted spark" and fires plugs in pairs, one on the power stroke and the other on the exhaust stroke. It's how a four cylinder can run on two coils and six cylinders run on three coils. Come to think of it, its not such a new idea, my four cylinder motorcycle has two coils and no distributer, and that's a '76, it uses wasted spark too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85