Ez-efi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtalljohn13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
MSD has one two but its really pricey compared to this one.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
MSD has one two but its really pricey compared to this one.

In my experience with EFI, the holly avenger multiport is the way to go...it doesnt get any better than an injector at the port, unless they come with a direct injection some how....not likely.

farmerchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
seen some good magazine write up on it, but you don't know if advertising money influences that. NASCAR and others racing bodies are using the Holley efi systems, so that says something about the about how good they are.

bigtalljohn13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
I have "googled" the FAST EZ EFI and it brought up a bunch of forums with people talking about it and it seems like every loves them so far other than that fact you have to have a return line for the fuel system. I will check out the Holley system pretty soon.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I have "googled" the FAST EZ EFI and it brought up a bunch of forums with people talking about it and it seems like every loves them so far other than that fact you have to have a return line for the fuel system. I will check out the Holley system pretty soon.

You already have a sufficient fuel system with a return line. The reason I tend to lean more toward MPFI is you dont have the fuel distribution problems inherent in a wet manifold(carb,TBI) system. Better driveability, and tunability.
And with Winston cup racers using the Holly EFI, you cant go wrong. I would gladly bypass any TBI style setup that costs $1500 to pay $3200 for the holly system.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
After doing a lot of reading on the subject, I am wanting to get the F.A.S.T. EFI system. The Holley MPFI would be ideal, but I don't want to spend that kind of money. I'm just looking more for reliability and simplicity.

So I guess it comes down to how much money you want to spend

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I say go for it, and see how you like it.

bigtalljohn13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
I think I'm going to try out the FAST EZ EFI , its seems like its fairly straight forward. I have minimal experience with carbs anyhow, and since my suburban already has and in tank fuel pump and return line it should be gravy. And today i found out i got a job that i start next tuesday i will be able to get back to working on the suburban again soon :D

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Awesome! Let us know how you like it. It'll be good to get an honest review on it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I think I'm going to try out the FAST EZ EFI , its seems like its fairly straight forward. I have minimal experience with carbs anyhow, and since my suburban already has and in tank fuel pump and return line it should be gravy. And today i found out i got a job that i start next tuesday i will be able to get back to working on the suburban again soon :D

Congrats! That ez efi should install in a day. you may need the higher pressure fuel pump. you may want to call them and talk a bit.

Last edited:

bigtalljohn13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
They have a pump that will go in place of the existing pump. or i can switch tanks with the 86 burb and go with an inline pump. but i like the in tank pumps better, there's a lot less noise and the seem to last longer.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
What's your estimated hp# ?

bigtalljohn13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
My estimated HP is around 540 maybe a lil more.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Yeah, then you'll need that Walbro 255 lph pump they have. I was thinking if you were building something smaller then their pump would supply too much fuel for the size of your return line and you would have to install a larger diameter line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmballow02