Fitech efi on 350 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
uncle nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
v8
Has anyone used the Fitech efi setup on their 350?

I ended up finding a well priced 350 motor that I’m just switching over to vortex heads and was wondering what everyone thought of doing the EFI set up on this?

Specifically, how is the fuel mileage and performance and ease of set up?

For anyone that may have answered on my LS swap thread. I did find some that were well priced, but I need to get this thing on the road because the storage fees are adding up so I’m just going to build a few motors and find some rollers over the next couple of months.

The guy that sold me the motor has the EFI set up and is selling it to me for 750 which I thought was a pretty good deal since it’s brand new and in the box.

I will have a Turbo 350 transmission I’ll be posting on here once I get it cleaned up if anyone is interested. I’ll also be selling my th400 transmission when I do the 700r4 swap just to put it out there.

Attachments

• image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image000003.jpeg
    image000003.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 13

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
That's a wet manifold system ,same as carb,same as factory TBI,it's not really what you want with vortec heads. You want port fuel injection,like factory vortec,factory lt1,or TPI, I am unsure who aftermarket offers port FI for SBC, but port Fuel Injection would preferable. I think,but not sure,so do your own research but I think LT1 stuff will bolt to Vortec heads but the manifold needs modification to accept a SBC distributor. @SquareRoot will set you straight on wet manifolds and Vortec heads

Last edited:

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The FiTech “wet manifold” design is similar to many other aftermarket EFI systems. Individual port injection is better overall, but there is nothing wrong with throttle body injection. The newer systems are usually self-tuning up to a point, and then allow individual adjustments to improve performance.

Be prepared for other fuel system modifications, since you probably need to add an electric pump with a return line. You also need to do some careful wiring so that all the sensors and the computer work together, and without any interference from other electric devices. It’s not that hard, but common grounds and good wire connections are important.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
The FiTech “wet manifold” design is similar to many other aftermarket EFI systems. Individual port injection is better overall, but there is nothing wrong with throttle body injection. The newer systems are usually self-tuning up to a point, and then allow individual adjustments to improve performance.

Be prepared for other fuel system modifications, since you probably need to add an electric pump with a return line. You also need to do some careful wiring so that all the sensors and the computer work together, and without any interference from other electric devices. It’s not that hard, but common grounds and good wire connections are important.
He's wants to run it with Vortec heads. The lack of heat crossover a wet manifold puddles up when It's cold out, and has drivability issues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS