Exterior Lighting Upgrades - Looking for Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I started shopping around for truck lights after digging through all the information you guys have posted. I put together a shopping cart at LMCTruck.com, and by the time I was done picking out parts, I was up to $700 before taxes and shipping. I was ready to pull the trigger, but I had to take a step back and look at what I really need to spend that money on right this minute. I decided that since the truck is running well, the truck lights currently work with no problems, and now I have a well lit trailer, I am going to prioritize a little differently.

1st order of business will be to get the speedo working by installing a VSS into my NP205 using this kit http://www.northwestfab.com/NP205-40-Pulse-VSS-Speedo-Housing-Kit_p_1903.html. I would also like to install a tachometer in the gauge cluster. I saw a pretty trick OEM looking gauge that had a tachometer and a gas gauge that replaces the existing large gas gauge. Can anyone point me in the direction of that particular gauge?

Once I get that done, I will start picking away at the lights one at a time, starting with the headlights. LMC appears to have some pretty decent stuff. Have you guys had any problems with their parts and/or customer service?

Sounds like a good plan. I've ordered some stuff thru LMC and haven't had any issues with it other than I think their shipping is too high. I order a lot from Amazon since I have Amazon Prime and get free 2 day shipping. I even ordered a Chevrolet performance starter from them a few months ago and it was cheaper then anywhere else by $40.

one4fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Sounds like a good plan. I've ordered some stuff thru LMC and haven't had any issues with it other than I think their shipping is too high. I order a lot from Amazon since I have Amazon Prime and get free 2 day shipping. I even ordered a Chevrolet performance starter from them a few months ago and it was cheaper then anywhere else by $40.
Agreed. No problem with quality of parts I have purchased. Just high shipping costs.

Stay away from LMC body parts... word is they are flimsy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35