extending parking brake cables?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
When my truck was up on a lift the other day I was amazed at how far the rear axle dropped down. The parking brake cables were tight. The truck has a slight lift on it.

I still want to keep the parking brake. Is there a way to make the sheath (ribbed tube) longer that goes from the brake drum to the big brackets that are on the frame?

Or I thought about extending the brackets on the frame down more- but then worried I might catch the cable on something off road.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
That's a tuff one , I have extended the bracket down but I dont like the look and on my higher lifted trucks I took the cables out of the drum's , welded the hole's shut and installed line lock's , so no cable's needed. Some say the line lock's bleed off over time but they have worked well for me , ( no problem's). Maybe someone on here has a better set up on here and will chime in but the line lock's is what I do , good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda