Engine mount replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Did you notice any reduction in vibration or noise immediately after you changed them? And if so, how long did the improved condition last?
The old motor mounts weren't bad, but I was putting in a rebuilt engine so I put new engine mounts in. No real noticeable difference and no new vibrations appearing in the several years since. I was missing a bolt and mount from the T-case mounts, and the ones that were still there were squishy and soft from oil. Replacing those stopped a vibration and movement that was previously in the T-case shifter.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I buy polyurethane inserts and reuse the shells. I have not recognized any difference in vibration between rubber and poly mounts.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
ive never had a problem with rockauto parts, they always replace or refund if theres a problem......most always have best price. i live in the woods so going to town most often i spend more on fuel an time......

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Typically Rockauto has reliable brands. Imo they're the go-to for real parts from a real supplier who cares about their reputation to the normal degree. Unfortunately that has become a problem. As many here have said, much cheaper parts can be had on amazon, but they're fakes. Claiming to be the real thing.
I use Rock Auto for all my stuff now. Autozone and Oreilly have it locally but their prices are quite a bit higher. I would like to support the local guy but with the prices they have to charge, it's difficult

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Also, just wanted to add that while the 2292's are standard for all SBC engines, the transmission mount will be specific to the year range, transmission type, and whether it is 4wd or 2wd. For instance, a 2wd TH400 will use a different mount than a 4wd TH400, and a 73-84 4wd will use a different mount setup than a 84-91 4wd will. My 1980 K25 with a TH400/NP205 actually uses 2x ea of two different rubber pieces that sandwich the crossmember and then have two big bolts that go through the small rubber piece, through the crossmember, then through a bigger rubber piece that straddles the crossmember, then threads into the bottom of the figure 8 transfer case adapter.
You must be registered for see images attach

are you talking about some like this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod