Emissions Spec Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bezi

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Hello I am new to forums so please bare with me if I have posted in the wrong area. My son and I are restoring a 1977 K10 and hoping to have it ready for him when he turns 16 so I am running short on time as this truck has turned into more than what I thought it was going to be. Anyway, I am trying to confirm emissions equipment for this vehicle as we reside in comyfornia. While looking into this I believe I have found what components are needed but am having trouble identifying what 2 of the acronyms mean. Does anyone know what FR refers to and can confirm that ACL is thermostatic air cleaner? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I don't know what the acronyms mean. I have asked before and didn't get an answer. Hopefully you will. I also hope you are able to find the parts you need for it. It being a '77 it should be minimal, but you do need whatever it calls for. But you know that living here.

bezi

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
So far I think I have found everything that I need I am just trying to verify those acronyms. If I don't get any answers on here I will try another couple of smog shops in the area. Thanks!

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I think acl is your heated air cleaner. And the fr fuel vapor recovery.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
As an emissions inspector I should know all the terms, but the FR is an old one. I found it. Fuel inlet Restrictor. When your 1977 was built you could still buy leaded fuel. The unleaded fuel pump nozzle is smaller than the now defunct leaded nozzle. Back then part of the inspection was to make sure the restrictor was in place.

bezi

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Thank you all for the assistance. Now that I have confirmed what all I need, pow all I have to do is source it all.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
You can always contact a Referee. they will tell you exactly what it needs. It also depends if the truck was a Federal or Calif emissions truck. If it was a Federal truck, and still has the original tag, Calif will let you run those emissions.

Referee was a great source for me when I sold my last truck, '79 K15. I couldn't get it to pass smog due to a warped intake. I was able to get an Edelbrock Performer with an EGR fitting approved even though it was not longer CARB certified.

Conejo_K10

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is reason why I have a 1975 K10, no smog inspection. I've kept all the stock parts just in case.
The weight class also plays into what equipment is required. I had a 77 K30 10k gvw and it had very few smog parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarGuy57