emergency brake cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
I took some pictures after I installed dual exhaust, and you can see the emergency brake cables where they connect up front. I made the cable retainer on the passenger side by bending some 1/4 solid rod and looping it through an existing hole in the frame. The other side of the “U” is the cable running to the emergency brake pedal.
just got done with mine and it looks the same!! thanks for the picture

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
success!! got my E brake routed like an earlier model truck, a little welding to make an adjuster and works like a champ!! Had to make a small guide roller for the cable coming off the pedal to not rub on the transfer case cross member but it works good!!
Do you have a picture of your e brake routing, adjuster, and guide roller? The 87 I recently purchased has had the e brake cables cut and I am trying to imagine how to weld up something that will work.

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
Do you have a picture of your e brake routing, adjuster, and guide roller? The 87 I recently purchased has had the e brake cables cut and I am trying to imagine how to weld up something that will work.
I can get you some tomorrow, if it has the 87 rear end in it you can but the correct cables. my truck the previous owner had put a older model rear in it and the brake cable were different than the 87 . IF you look at LMC catalog they have a good diagram of the different years cable setups and routing

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
I can get you some tomorrow, if it has the 87 rear end in it you can buy the correct cables. my truck the previous owner had put a older model rear in it and the brake cable were different than the 87 . IF you look at LMC catalog they have a good diagram of the different years cable setups and routing
I got a few parts from Lokar for the emergency brakes. they have a good selection of things

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey